• BPN Newsletter 4, 29 February 2016

BPN Newsletter 4, 29 February 2016

• Image of the Year 2015
      • Our Sponsor
      • Q&A and BPN Support
      • Unsubscribe

Image of the Year 2015

Work on selecting the 2015 Image of the Year (IOTY) is done. The overall winner is "Tug of War" by David Salem. This image was selected by the jury as 'Avian' category winner. Congratulations David !

Commented by Arash Hazeghi: amazing interaction Dave, most folks don't realize what it takes to get a frame like this, you had really fast reflexes. congrats on your BBC nomination and best luck!

Spectacular

The following stunning images were selected as winners in the other categories:

• Upside Down!, by Sanjeev Aurangabadka in Wildlife

Commented by Jonathan Ashton: Outstanding quality, a beautiful composition and pose. My eyes are drawn to the leopard and then temporarily to the flies but then back to the leopard. In most images roving eyes are a no no but in this it reflects the powerful content and composition.
      • Pearls of Morning Dew, by Wendy Kates in Out-Of-The-Box

Commented by Nancy Bell: Super creative and very well done! Love how you created such an intricate and symmetrical design. The fine details and small size of the center diamond shape contrasts and holds together all the other strings of pearls so well. I also like the two larger areas of black space, it keeps all the other stands and dew drops from being overwhelming and helps create those graceful swooping curves. B&W is perfect for this.
      • Mantis (Empusa fasciata) , by Miroslav Maric in Macro and Flora

Fascinating how this Mantis blends in with the plant and seems to be a part of it. Completed with the stunning background this image deserves the title of best Macro 2015.
      • Frozen, by Dan Kearl in Landscapes and Cities

Lovely ice formations by chilling winter winds. Strongly contrasted by the wild flowing, soft waterfall, giving a sense of how the ice around the waterfall was formed.
      • Spring Hoopoe, by Kalin Botev in Eager to Learn

Commented by David Salem: Wow! This is awesome!! I love the whole frame. I chased Hoopoes around when I was on vacation in Egypt but didn't get any great flight images. A killer Incoming pose with his wings back, his crest up, his feet showing, a colorful BG and a nice big bug in his beak!! And It's nice and sharp!! Did I say Wow! A shot you couldn't have dreamt the night before :) Well done.

All of the category winners will receive a one year subscription voucher. Congratulations everyone !
      Note to the winners: your free one year subscription is applied to your BPN expiration the date has been extended by one year.

Our Sponsor

Our main sponsor is B&H Photo Video. Support our site by clicking on the link below. Using the BPN affiliate link will not cost you a penny but will be greatly appreciated.

Q&A and BPN Support

In case of user, posting or other BPN problems, contact me on my BPN email address: peterkes@birdphotographers.net.

Subscription and payment problems: staffbaa@att.net.

Unsubscribe

Should you want to unsubscribe from this newletter, please log in to your account and go to:

• Settings (top right)
      • General Settings (left sidebar)
      • Find: Messaging & Notification
      • untick the mail notification for "Receive Email from Administrators"

best,
      artie & peter
    • Most Recent Threads

kevin Hice

American Widgeon

Thread Starter: kevin Hice

Shot from my floating blind in a Nd slough last May. This is really my first good widgeon shot was hoping for more of that green on the head. Processed

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 03:04 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Great tit (Parus major)

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Well believe it or not Spring is on the way! Image captured in the back yard/garden.

OM-1 OLYMPUS M.150-400mm F4.5
      Focal Length (35

Last Post By: kevin Hice Yesterday, 05:23 PM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M ) XX

Thread Starter: Andreas Liedmann

Hi folks ... here is one big male getting rid of water from his fur , after chasing around the river for Salmon

Canon EOS 1Dx
      EF 500

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea 03-17-2024, 11:08 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Alpine Chough III

Hi folks another one from the Swiss Alps ... Alpine Chough in a funny flight maneuver .
      BG is a mountain wall .... with snow and lying in

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Yesterday, 04:12 PM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M ) XIV

Hi folks ... back to action
      Image taken at Kuril Lake close to a river mouth .... when you shooting this sequence hard to realize how close

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea 03-17-2024, 11:20 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Bullfinch (Pyrrhula pyrrhula))

Male Bullfinch eating leaf shoots, image captured at local woodlands - hand held. I left the extraneous twigs in, the image is a crop to eliminate a

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 03-16-2024, 07:59 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Siskin ( M )

Hi folks ... one image from my pop up feeder in the local woods
      I do like the vertical pose with the head turn .... I left the lonely twig in the

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 03-15-2024, 11:41 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M/F) XVIII

Hi folks ... this one reminds of classy a " Teddy Bear " .
      Does look so fluffy and innocent with his fur around the head .

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 03-13-2024, 11:36 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Black grouse (Lyrurus tetrix)

Black grouse captured from my car window, taken around sunrise.

OM-1 150-400TC
      Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 1402.0mm
      Exposure

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton 03-15-2024, 10:44 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Bull Finch ( M )

Hi folks ... one from my parents garden .
      Use that location for some bird shooting from time to time , as the birds are more or less used to humans

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 03-15-2024, 11:42 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics