• BPN Newsletter 4, 29 February 2016

BPN Newsletter 4, 29 February 2016

• Image of the Year 2015
      • Our Sponsor
      • Q&A and BPN Support
      • Unsubscribe

Image of the Year 2015

Work on selecting the 2015 Image of the Year (IOTY) is done. The overall winner is "Tug of War" by David Salem. This image was selected by the jury as 'Avian' category winner. Congratulations David !

Commented by Arash Hazeghi: amazing interaction Dave, most folks don't realize what it takes to get a frame like this, you had really fast reflexes. congrats on your BBC nomination and best luck!

Spectacular

The following stunning images were selected as winners in the other categories:

• Upside Down!, by Sanjeev Aurangabadka in Wildlife

Commented by Jonathan Ashton: Outstanding quality, a beautiful composition and pose. My eyes are drawn to the leopard and then temporarily to the flies but then back to the leopard. In most images roving eyes are a no no but in this it reflects the powerful content and composition.
      • Pearls of Morning Dew, by Wendy Kates in Out-Of-The-Box

Commented by Nancy Bell: Super creative and very well done! Love how you created such an intricate and symmetrical design. The fine details and small size of the center diamond shape contrasts and holds together all the other strings of pearls so well. I also like the two larger areas of black space, it keeps all the other stands and dew drops from being overwhelming and helps create those graceful swooping curves. B&W is perfect for this.
      • Mantis (Empusa fasciata) , by Miroslav Maric in Macro and Flora

Fascinating how this Mantis blends in with the plant and seems to be a part of it. Completed with the stunning background this image deserves the title of best Macro 2015.
      • Frozen, by Dan Kearl in Landscapes and Cities

Lovely ice formations by chilling winter winds. Strongly contrasted by the wild flowing, soft waterfall, giving a sense of how the ice around the waterfall was formed.
      • Spring Hoopoe, by Kalin Botev in Eager to Learn

Commented by David Salem: Wow! This is awesome!! I love the whole frame. I chased Hoopoes around when I was on vacation in Egypt but didn't get any great flight images. A killer Incoming pose with his wings back, his crest up, his feet showing, a colorful BG and a nice big bug in his beak!! And It's nice and sharp!! Did I say Wow! A shot you couldn't have dreamt the night before :) Well done.

All of the category winners will receive a one year subscription voucher. Congratulations everyone !
      Note to the winners: your free one year subscription is applied to your BPN expiration the date has been extended by one year.

Our Sponsor

Our main sponsor is B&H Photo Video. Support our site by clicking on the link below. Using the BPN affiliate link will not cost you a penny but will be greatly appreciated.

Q&A and BPN Support

In case of user, posting or other BPN problems, contact me on my BPN email address: peterkes@birdphotographers.net.

Subscription and payment problems: staffbaa@att.net.

Unsubscribe

Should you want to unsubscribe from this newletter, please log in to your account and go to:

• Settings (top right)
      • General Settings (left sidebar)
      • Find: Messaging & Notification
      • untick the mail notification for "Receive Email from Administrators"

best,
      artie & peter
      This article was originally published in forum thread: BPN Newsletter 4, 29 February 2016 started by Peter Kes View original post
    • Most Recent Threads

Marc Mol

Sunset sentinel

Thread Starter: Marc Mol

Lying flat on the ground gave me this wonderful perspective of a female White Rhino standing sentinel @ sunset over the plains somewhere in the Loisaba

Last Post By: Marc Mol Today, 05:20 AM Go to last post
      Vaughn Stamm

New member checking in

Thread Starter: Vaughn Stamm

Hello all. New member checking in. I have followed along for some time now and just never felt I measured up. I finally am taking the leap and hope to

Last Post By: Stu Bowie Today, 05:05 AM Go to last post
      Terry Johnson

Silver Falls (South Falls)

Thread Starter: Terry Johnson

Hello, this is an image of the south falls at Silver Falls State Park, Oregon

Nikon D810
      24-70mm lens at 24mm
      F22

Last Post By: Terry Johnson Yesterday, 01:03 PM Go to last post
      dankearl

A cold Stare..

Thread Starter: dankearl

Bison in the Lamar Valley, Yellowstone park.
      600mm, D610, 1/500, iso800, f5.6

611_6669bpn.jpg

Last Post By: Rachel Hollander Yesterday, 11:05 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Reddish Egret With Fish

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

Another from the half hour or so I followed this Reddish Egret as it foraged for fish along the surf line. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated.

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Yesterday, 09:53 AM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Crazy Lion

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

A funny expression on the lions face as he was shaking his head.
      5D III
      500mm II
      1/3200
      f/8
      ISO 800

Last Post By: Marc Mol Today, 05:25 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Dew Web II

Thread Starter: John Mack

This is from the same morning as the other spider web. Image adjustments in Lightroom. Camera on sticks triggered with a remote. Full frame.

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 08:30 AM Go to last post
      Juan Tolentino

Snowy Egret dragging the Feet - Low Key

Thread Starter: Juan Tolentino

I captured this image last February at Green Cay Wetlands in Delray Beach, Florida with the Nikon D500 Handheld and AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm 1-5.6E ED VR

Last Post By: Juan Tolentino 09-22-2017, 06:57 PM Go to last post
      Geoffrey Montagu

Juvenile Peregrine Falcon

Thread Starter: Geoffrey Montagu

Captured this image yesterday early morning out on the tip of Sandy Hook, NJ. We were pleasantly surprised while capturing images of 1st. winter Laughing

Last Post By: Bill Dix Yesterday, 12:53 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Yellow crowned night heron

I posted one of these awhile back this is a different frame from the same series. Image adjustments in Lightroom. Hand held, full frame.

Last Post By: Juan Tolentino 09-22-2017, 08:18 PM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Laughing Gull Juvenile

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

There were hundreds upon hundreds of these guys in a feeding frenzy just offshore at Sandy Hook yesterday. They must be staging for their migration southward.

Last Post By: Juan Tolentino Yesterday, 04:15 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

White-tail buck

This buck usually hangs out along the edge of the woods or just in it. He decided to come out a little further than usual one evening. Still has some

Last Post By: dankearl Yesterday, 10:26 AM Go to last post
      Mary Thompson

Hello all

Thread Starter: Mary Thompson

This seems like a great place to learn more about my hobby of photography and share photo's with the various forums here. TY for accepting me in.

Last Post By: Mary Thompson 09-22-2017, 09:33 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Reddish Egret

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

Dottie and I went to Ft. De Soto in Pinellas County, Florida, early morning yesterday. The hurricane damage I feared was minor, some trees down but little

Last Post By: Isaac Grant 09-22-2017, 09:39 PM Go to last post
      Mike Poole

Semipalmated Plover

Thread Starter: Mike Poole

A late evening shot from earlier this year at Ft Desoto - hope the place and the birds survived Irma OK

Canon 1dx

Last Post By: Bill Dix Yesterday, 12:51 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics