• B-and-H

• New Memory Card! XQD

Sony Unveils New, High-Speed XQD™ Memory Cards

1Gbps for faster write speed and superb reliability create new possibilities for advanced shooters PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giving photo enthusiasts and professional photographers a new level of speed and performance, the new Sony XQD™ memory cards support the recently adopted XQD specification for high-speed, high-performance digital image capture.
      Using the XQD memory cards, XQD compatible high-end DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera users can capture up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode. In addition to outstanding high-speed data transfer capability, the new cards are highly reliable to protect users' data and images.
      "Advanced shooters want to capture the moment in the highest quality possible, and that often means dealing with massive files like RAW images," said Viviano Cantu, Director of Consumer Media for Sony Electronics. "Memory card technology has done a great job of keeping pace, but these new cards give an entirely new meaning to speed and performance."
      The new Sony cards are based on the XQD memory card specification, which the CompactFlash Association recently approved and licensed as an open format. With its ultra high write-speed performance, and when using Nikon's new DSLR "D4," the XQD memory card can record up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode*.
      The Sony XQD memory card achieves stable continuous shooting of RAW images and blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps/125MB/s write and read (based on Sony tests and dependent on host hardware) through the PCIe interface, a computer expansion card standard for serial interfaces.
      A unique controller and optimized flash memory enables high-speed data processing, resulting in faster write speed and performance that can't be achieved by conventional compact flash cards.
      Sony is also introducing a USB 2.0/3.0 compatible XQD card reader (model MRW-E80) so users can quickly and easily transfer large quantities of very high capacity data to their PC. Also, an XQD ExpressCard Adapter (QDA-EX1) will be available for use with computers with an ExpressCard™ 34 card slot.
      "As users' needs continue to evolve," Cantu added, "Sony will also continue to enhance the XQD memory card line-up to meet the future requirements of the high-end digital imaging market."
      The new Sony products are planned to be available in February and are estimated to sell at the following retail prices:

• QD-H16 card, 16 GB, $129.99
      • QD-H32 card, 32 GB, $229.99
      • Card Reader, MRW-E80, $44.99
      • ExpressCard Adapter, QDA-EX1, $44.99

For information, visit www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_us/xqd/index.html.

Available @ http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/
    • Most Recent Threads

Stuart Philpott

Sweet nuffin's

Thread Starter: Stuart Philpott

Had to take Shaz to hos,while worrying and being unable to stay with her calmed my self with the camera, I take what little chances I get with grace at

Last Post By: Stuart Philpott Today, 04:44 PM Go to last post
      annmpacheco

Need new iMac and monitor suggestions

Thread Starter: annmpacheco

Im looking to retire my desktop dinosaur: 2007 iMac, 2.4 GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 4 GB 667 DDR2 DRAM, graphics: HD 2600 Pro 256MB... I have a macbook pro

Last Post By: annmpacheco Today, 04:35 PM Go to last post
      Karl Egressy

Red Fox.

Thread Starter: Karl Egressy

This image is one of my favorites from my recent shooting.
      Thanks for looking.
      (No Noise reduction applied in PP.)

Canon 1D Mark

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 04:37 PM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Llyn Padarn

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Canon 1DX Canon 24-105mm @24mm
      Composite ISO 100, 1/100 and 1/400 sec f11

This is a different representation of a similar view posted

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 03:04 PM Go to last post
      Peter Kes

Snow Leopard Cubs (C)

Thread Starter: Peter Kes

Another one from the Zoo visit. It was nearing feeding time and the little ones were chasing the mother.

1DX, 100-400mm @ 227mm, 1/250 sec;

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 04:30 PM Go to last post
      John Robinson

Harvest mouse (C)

Thread Starter: John Robinson

Harvest Mouse.
      Taken in large outdoor enclosure used in a breeding programme many years back
      Taken on Ecktachrome 64v ASA 1960,s Copied on

Last Post By: John Robinson Today, 05:18 PM Go to last post
      John Robinson

Bullfinch(Male)

Thread Starter: John Robinson

Bullfinch at pool. Surprising how one of these birds brightens up a dull wet miserable day- and we,ve had plenty.He comes every day about one o ,clock

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 05:10 PM Go to last post
      Mike Poole

Juvie eagle ray and friends

Thread Starter: Mike Poole

I always like to try and get one in for the theme, makes me think a little (!) but this one had me scratching my head for anything

Last Post By: John Robinson Today, 04:04 PM Go to last post
      Dennis Bishop

silver maple raindrops

Thread Starter: Dennis Bishop

Of the nine shots that comprise this image, eight were taken the same morning as the columbine image shot. The columbine was in a sheltered area, but

Last Post By: Dennis Bishop Today, 10:38 AM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

LBR @ Chobe NP

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

EOS 7D II
      500 mm II
      1/2500
      f/8
      ISO 800
      Hand Held

Last Post By: John Rowell Today, 03:45 PM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

AB in company of whistling Ducks

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Another one for the theme. An AB enjoys the company of hundreds of noisy whistling ducks at Chobe NP. Light was not on my side, but I liked the unusual

Last Post By: Karl Egressy Today, 04:04 PM Go to last post
      Grace Scalzo

Short eared owl after dark

Thread Starter: Grace Scalzo

Having some fun with pushing my gear and self to limits. Opinions welcome!

1/30, f8, iso3200
      Canon 1dx, 600f4 + 2.0 tc (1200mm) + lowered

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 04:53 PM Go to last post
      Rachel Hollander

Buffalo and Friends

Thread Starter: Rachel Hollander

I processed this one a while ago not for its merit as an image but more as a record shot of a fun sighting. There are 3 species in the image. The buffalo

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 04:59 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Did You Know A Meadowlark Has White Spots In Its Mouth...

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

Eastern Meadowlark captured along Joe Overstreet Road using the vehicle as a blind. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Last Post By: John Robinson Today, 02:03 PM Go to last post
      arash_hazeghi

Intensity

Thread Starter: arash_hazeghi

This is a red-tailed hawk (young bird) that Dave and I photographed last Nov. We found this hawk on a nice perch diving at coots, he made several unsuccessful

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics