• New Memory Card! XQD

Sony Unveils New, High-Speed XQD™ Memory Cards

1Gbps for faster write speed and superb reliability create new possibilities for advanced shooters PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giving photo enthusiasts and professional photographers a new level of speed and performance, the new Sony XQD™ memory cards support the recently adopted XQD specification for high-speed, high-performance digital image capture.
      Using the XQD memory cards, XQD compatible high-end DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera users can capture up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode. In addition to outstanding high-speed data transfer capability, the new cards are highly reliable to protect users' data and images.
      "Advanced shooters want to capture the moment in the highest quality possible, and that often means dealing with massive files like RAW images," said Viviano Cantu, Director of Consumer Media for Sony Electronics. "Memory card technology has done a great job of keeping pace, but these new cards give an entirely new meaning to speed and performance."
      The new Sony cards are based on the XQD memory card specification, which the CompactFlash Association recently approved and licensed as an open format. With its ultra high write-speed performance, and when using Nikon's new DSLR "D4," the XQD memory card can record up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode*.
      The Sony XQD memory card achieves stable continuous shooting of RAW images and blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps/125MB/s write and read (based on Sony tests and dependent on host hardware) through the PCIe interface, a computer expansion card standard for serial interfaces.
      A unique controller and optimized flash memory enables high-speed data processing, resulting in faster write speed and performance that can't be achieved by conventional compact flash cards.
      Sony is also introducing a USB 2.0/3.0 compatible XQD card reader (model MRW-E80) so users can quickly and easily transfer large quantities of very high capacity data to their PC. Also, an XQD ExpressCard Adapter (QDA-EX1) will be available for use with computers with an ExpressCard™ 34 card slot.
      "As users' needs continue to evolve," Cantu added, "Sony will also continue to enhance the XQD memory card line-up to meet the future requirements of the high-end digital imaging market."
      The new Sony products are planned to be available in February and are estimated to sell at the following retail prices:

• QD-H16 card, 16 GB, $129.99
      • QD-H32 card, 32 GB, $229.99
      • Card Reader, MRW-E80, $44.99
      • ExpressCard Adapter, QDA-EX1, $44.99

For information, visit www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_us/xqd/index.html.

Available @ http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/
    • Most Recent Threads

Cheryl Slechta

Working with the new toy

Thread Starter: Cheryl Slechta

Here's another shot with the cctv lens taken at the Harn Museum butterfly garden. Pretty much straight out of the camera - cropped a little. I tried

Last Post By: Cheryl Slechta Today, 05:05 PM Go to last post
      Marlo Casabar

American Avocets

Thread Starter: Marlo Casabar

I took this photo this morning while at the Village Creek Drying Beds near Arlington, TX. Most of the morning, the avocets were wading. I happened to

Last Post By: arash_hazeghi Today, 01:49 PM Go to last post
      Andrew Harrell

Juvenile Sandpiper?

Thread Starter: Andrew Harrell

My shorebird-identification skills are pretty lacking -- is this a juvenile Sandpiper?

Sony a77ii, Tamron 150-600, 500mm at

Last Post By: Tim Foltz Today, 05:23 PM Go to last post
      Jake Levin

White point calibration

Thread Starter: Jake Levin

Hi all. Does anyone have experience using a display profiler to calibrate their monitor? I have one that I use on my iMac and have traditionally set

Last Post By: arash_hazeghi Today, 07:10 PM Go to last post
      Giovanni Frescura

Thread Starter: Giovanni Frescura

Canon 7d Mark II
      iso 800

I think to have loose a nice situation.
      If speed was more and more deep the wild

Last Post By: Giovanni Frescura Today, 11:37 AM Go to last post
      Bill Nuttall

Kelp Gull

Thread Starter: Bill Nuttall

Kelp Gull - (Larus dominicanus)

related to the Black-backed Gull family

Western Cape - ZA

D7100 – 300 f4

Last Post By: Bill Nuttall Today, 02:22 PM Go to last post
      Satish Ranadive

Black Drongo.#2

Thread Starter: Satish Ranadive

Image was created today. Long distance shot.
      Basic editing. Cropped for composition.
      Eye lighten. NR applied to BG.
      Thanks everybody

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Today, 03:25 PM Go to last post

Thread Starter: supreet.sahoo

5d3, 600mm, 4, 1/200, 500, 0
      Shot this earlier this year from my trip to the Rio Grande Valley. While its not very easy to get this guy on a clean

Last Post By: Jim Crosswell Today, 01:00 PM Go to last post
      Isaac Grant

American Kestrel with prey

Thread Starter: Isaac Grant

Photographed this American Kestrel as it was hunting over a field. Here it has just captured a grasshopper. From a couple weeks ago in Brooklyn, New

Last Post By: Robert Kimbrell Today, 05:28 PM Go to last post
      gail bisson

Arctic Tern with Fish in Fligh0

Thread Starter: gail bisson

Canon 1DX
      600mm and 1.4x
      SS 1/3200 F 7.1 ISO 800
      Taken in Iceland July, 2016 in late evening ~10:00 PM
      PP: Crop to ~70%FF, usual

Last Post By: Stu Bowie Today, 02:40 PM Go to last post
      Mike Hitchen

Doing test prints

Thread Starter: Mike Hitchen

I have a new A3+ printer and was wondering how I could print out selected parts of the image on an A4 sheet (essentially a contact sheet) to check sharpness,

Last Post By: Mike Hitchen Yesterday, 06:08 PM Go to last post
      Doug Brown

Blue-winged Teal Flight

Thread Starter: Doug Brown

I'm getting really excited about my upcoming Duck workshop with Dave Salem! Every year we get the opportunity to photograph all 3 species of Teal, but

Last Post By: Stu Bowie Today, 02:38 PM Go to last post
      Gavin Slabbert

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens NIB Price Reduced to $8250.00

Thread Starter: Gavin Slabbert

Selling a NIB Canon 400mm f/2.8 IS USM II (Version 2) Price REDUCED to $8250.00 NETT to me

This lens has only been out of the box

Last Post By: Gavin Slabbert Yesterday, 03:56 PM Go to last post
      Mike Hitchen

Bald Eagle calling

Thread Starter: Mike Hitchen

Sat on an estuary this bald eagle stood on the pole for about an hour and at one point it gave a tremendous couple of calls, one the classic eagle sound

Last Post By: Mike Poole Today, 09:56 AM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Blue Tit 2

Thread Starter: William Dickson

Canon 1DX
      f/4 500mm
      ISO 3200

This is another frame from my hide at the weekend. A wee bit duller, hence

Last Post By: Jim Crosswell Today, 11:28 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics