• New Memory Card! XQD

Sony Unveils New, High-Speed XQD™ Memory Cards

1Gbps for faster write speed and superb reliability create new possibilities for advanced shooters PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giving photo enthusiasts and professional photographers a new level of speed and performance, the new Sony XQD™ memory cards support the recently adopted XQD specification for high-speed, high-performance digital image capture.
      Using the XQD memory cards, XQD compatible high-end DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera users can capture up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode. In addition to outstanding high-speed data transfer capability, the new cards are highly reliable to protect users' data and images.
      "Advanced shooters want to capture the moment in the highest quality possible, and that often means dealing with massive files like RAW images," said Viviano Cantu, Director of Consumer Media for Sony Electronics. "Memory card technology has done a great job of keeping pace, but these new cards give an entirely new meaning to speed and performance."
      The new Sony cards are based on the XQD memory card specification, which the CompactFlash Association recently approved and licensed as an open format. With its ultra high write-speed performance, and when using Nikon's new DSLR "D4," the XQD memory card can record up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode*.
      The Sony XQD memory card achieves stable continuous shooting of RAW images and blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps/125MB/s write and read (based on Sony tests and dependent on host hardware) through the PCIe interface, a computer expansion card standard for serial interfaces.
      A unique controller and optimized flash memory enables high-speed data processing, resulting in faster write speed and performance that can't be achieved by conventional compact flash cards.
      Sony is also introducing a USB 2.0/3.0 compatible XQD card reader (model MRW-E80) so users can quickly and easily transfer large quantities of very high capacity data to their PC. Also, an XQD ExpressCard Adapter (QDA-EX1) will be available for use with computers with an ExpressCard™ 34 card slot.
      "As users' needs continue to evolve," Cantu added, "Sony will also continue to enhance the XQD memory card line-up to meet the future requirements of the high-end digital imaging market."
      The new Sony products are planned to be available in February and are estimated to sell at the following retail prices:

• QD-H16 card, 16 GB, $129.99
      • QD-H32 card, 32 GB, $229.99
      • Card Reader, MRW-E80, $44.99
      • ExpressCard Adapter, QDA-EX1, $44.99

For information, visit www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_us/xqd/index.html.

Available @ http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/
    • Most Recent Threads

Marc Mol

Sunset sentinel

Thread Starter: Marc Mol

Lying flat on the ground gave me this wonderful perspective of a female White Rhino standing sentinel @ sunset over the plains somewhere in the Loisaba

Last Post By: Marc Mol Today, 05:20 AM Go to last post
      Vaughn Stamm

New member checking in

Thread Starter: Vaughn Stamm

Hello all. New member checking in. I have followed along for some time now and just never felt I measured up. I finally am taking the leap and hope to

Last Post By: Stu Bowie Today, 05:05 AM Go to last post
      Terry Johnson

Silver Falls (South Falls)

Thread Starter: Terry Johnson

Hello, this is an image of the south falls at Silver Falls State Park, Oregon

Nikon D810
      24-70mm lens at 24mm
      F22

Last Post By: Terry Johnson Yesterday, 01:03 PM Go to last post
      dankearl

A cold Stare..

Thread Starter: dankearl

Bison in the Lamar Valley, Yellowstone park.
      600mm, D610, 1/500, iso800, f5.6

611_6669bpn.jpg

Last Post By: Rachel Hollander Yesterday, 11:05 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Reddish Egret With Fish

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

Another from the half hour or so I followed this Reddish Egret as it foraged for fish along the surf line. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated.

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Yesterday, 09:53 AM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Crazy Lion

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

A funny expression on the lions face as he was shaking his head.
      5D III
      500mm II
      1/3200
      f/8
      ISO 800

Last Post By: Marc Mol Today, 05:25 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Dew Web II

Thread Starter: John Mack

This is from the same morning as the other spider web. Image adjustments in Lightroom. Camera on sticks triggered with a remote. Full frame.

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 08:30 AM Go to last post
      Juan Tolentino

Snowy Egret dragging the Feet - Low Key

Thread Starter: Juan Tolentino

I captured this image last February at Green Cay Wetlands in Delray Beach, Florida with the Nikon D500 Handheld and AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm 1-5.6E ED VR

Last Post By: Juan Tolentino 09-22-2017, 06:57 PM Go to last post
      Geoffrey Montagu

Juvenile Peregrine Falcon

Thread Starter: Geoffrey Montagu

Captured this image yesterday early morning out on the tip of Sandy Hook, NJ. We were pleasantly surprised while capturing images of 1st. winter Laughing

Last Post By: Bill Dix Yesterday, 12:53 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Yellow crowned night heron

I posted one of these awhile back this is a different frame from the same series. Image adjustments in Lightroom. Hand held, full frame.

Last Post By: Juan Tolentino 09-22-2017, 08:18 PM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Laughing Gull Juvenile

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

There were hundreds upon hundreds of these guys in a feeding frenzy just offshore at Sandy Hook yesterday. They must be staging for their migration southward.

Last Post By: Juan Tolentino Yesterday, 04:15 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

White-tail buck

This buck usually hangs out along the edge of the woods or just in it. He decided to come out a little further than usual one evening. Still has some

Last Post By: dankearl Yesterday, 10:26 AM Go to last post
      Mary Thompson

Hello all

Thread Starter: Mary Thompson

This seems like a great place to learn more about my hobby of photography and share photo's with the various forums here. TY for accepting me in.

Last Post By: Mary Thompson 09-22-2017, 09:33 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Reddish Egret

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

Dottie and I went to Ft. De Soto in Pinellas County, Florida, early morning yesterday. The hurricane damage I feared was minor, some trees down but little

Last Post By: Isaac Grant 09-22-2017, 09:39 PM Go to last post
      Mike Poole

Semipalmated Plover

Thread Starter: Mike Poole

A late evening shot from earlier this year at Ft Desoto - hope the place and the birds survived Irma OK

Canon 1dx

Last Post By: Bill Dix Yesterday, 12:51 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics