• New Memory Card! XQD

Sony Unveils New, High-Speed XQD™ Memory Cards

1Gbps for faster write speed and superb reliability create new possibilities for advanced shooters PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giving photo enthusiasts and professional photographers a new level of speed and performance, the new Sony XQD™ memory cards support the recently adopted XQD specification for high-speed, high-performance digital image capture.
      Using the XQD memory cards, XQD compatible high-end DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera users can capture up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode. In addition to outstanding high-speed data transfer capability, the new cards are highly reliable to protect users' data and images.
      "Advanced shooters want to capture the moment in the highest quality possible, and that often means dealing with massive files like RAW images," said Viviano Cantu, Director of Consumer Media for Sony Electronics. "Memory card technology has done a great job of keeping pace, but these new cards give an entirely new meaning to speed and performance."
      The new Sony cards are based on the XQD memory card specification, which the CompactFlash Association recently approved and licensed as an open format. With its ultra high write-speed performance, and when using Nikon's new DSLR "D4," the XQD memory card can record up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode*.
      The Sony XQD memory card achieves stable continuous shooting of RAW images and blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps/125MB/s write and read (based on Sony tests and dependent on host hardware) through the PCIe interface, a computer expansion card standard for serial interfaces.
      A unique controller and optimized flash memory enables high-speed data processing, resulting in faster write speed and performance that can't be achieved by conventional compact flash cards.
      Sony is also introducing a USB 2.0/3.0 compatible XQD card reader (model MRW-E80) so users can quickly and easily transfer large quantities of very high capacity data to their PC. Also, an XQD ExpressCard Adapter (QDA-EX1) will be available for use with computers with an ExpressCard™ 34 card slot.
      "As users' needs continue to evolve," Cantu added, "Sony will also continue to enhance the XQD memory card line-up to meet the future requirements of the high-end digital imaging market."
      The new Sony products are planned to be available in February and are estimated to sell at the following retail prices:

• QD-H16 card, 16 GB, $129.99
      • QD-H32 card, 32 GB, $229.99
      • Card Reader, MRW-E80, $44.99
      • ExpressCard Adapter, QDA-EX1, $44.99

For information, visit www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_us/xqd/index.html.

Available @ http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/
    • Most Recent Threads

Ann Gray

ospreys

Thread Starter: Ann Gray

camera: Olympus OMD EM1 II, panasonic 100-400 mm lens

ISO 400 focal length 400mm

1/250sec, f/ 6.3

photo not cropped....

Last Post By: Ann Gray Today, 06:29 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Tropical Checkered Skipper

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 06:04 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Osprey

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I captured this image early this morning along Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive in Apopka, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 06:00 PM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Lesser Black Backed Gull

Thread Starter: William Dickson

Canon 1DX
      f/4 500mm
      f/6.3
      1/2500
      ISO 640

Another from my balcony. I liked the pose this one gave.

Will

Last Post By: Krishna Prasad kotti Today, 06:39 PM Go to last post
      Mitch Carucci

Osprey Dawn

Thread Starter: Mitch Carucci

Remask & Flood.

Last Post By: Mitch Carucci Today, 02:21 PM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

Found them again

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

After seven years, this time last year these owls completely vanished, with no sign at all over the following months. Spent a lot of hours in April &

Last Post By: Alex Becker Today, 07:26 PM Go to last post
      Daniel Grossi

Perched & Curious Green Heron

Thread Starter: Daniel Grossi

Seems like forever since I last posted in here. What started off as a slow and uneventful morning of photography quickly turned into a wonderful

Last Post By: Krishna Prasad kotti Today, 06:41 PM Go to last post
      gail bisson

Pretty Pipit in Purple

Thread Starter: gail bisson

This is a meadow pipit. They are found everywhere in Iceland.
      Canon 1 DX
      600 mm and 1.4 x
      SS 1/320 ISO 800 F 6.3
      Shot as vertical.

Last Post By: Krishna Prasad kotti Today, 06:42 PM Go to last post
      Glenn Pure

Password reset?

Thread Starter: Glenn Pure

I have forgotten my password and tried the 'Lost Password' link but never get an email back with a reset. Is this feature working?

Last Post By: Glenn Pure Today, 04:40 AM Go to last post
      Jay Ing

Golden Hour Egret

Thread Starter: Jay Ing

'bout to go home - but stayed for a little while longer. Glad I did... love the light on this fella.

D500+Sigma 500/4, HH, ISO 320, 3200,

Last Post By: Jay Ing Today, 04:20 PM Go to last post
      Krishna Prasad kotti

Spotted Sandpiper Flight

Thread Starter: Krishna Prasad kotti

Hi All,

This image was taken at Provo Bay, UT.

I have not been successful in getting close to Spotted Sandpipers. This time

Last Post By: Krishna Prasad kotti Today, 06:36 PM Go to last post
      Glenn Pure

Greetings from Down Under

Thread Starter: Glenn Pure

Hi all, I've just joined today. I've been amazed at the standard of photography displayed on this site. Hopefully I'll be able to learn a lot from posting

Last Post By: Glenn Pure Yesterday, 11:12 PM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Superb starling

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

A starling at the Masai mara Reserve, Kenya.
      5D III
      500 mm II
      1/640
      f/7.1
      ISO 800

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Today, 04:44 PM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Title fight for the heavyweight crown

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Two African Buffalos spar in the great Mara arena. Tried the B&W route which I felt suited the scene. Hope I did a decent job of it. Any suggestions

Last Post By: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar Today, 03:51 PM Go to last post
      Randy Stout

Breakfast for Junior - common loon with fish

Thread Starter: Randy Stout

This fellow was imaged last week while carrying a small fish to his chick. Pretty much a non stops job at this stage, as the chick is big enough to eat

Last Post By: annmpacheco Today, 09:11 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics