• Most Recent Threads

Juan Carlos Vindas

How to color manage a jpg?

Thread Starter: Juan Carlos Vindas

I´ve been using actions in PS CS6 for a while now but just for curiousity I checked to see if my images where being color managed as I am ´´saving for

Last Post By: Juan Carlos Vindas Today, 11:18 AM Go to last post
      Mike Poole

Little owl with attitude

Thread Starter: Mike Poole

Trying out my new gear and I was invited to a fellow members Little Owl setup. I was originally going for a full vertical shot, but he jumped

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 11:15 AM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Blue-winged Teal Hen

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

From Cape May last weekend. Shot in dull, low light late in the day. C&C appreciated. I got a few frames of her, but this is the only one with

Last Post By: Grace Scalzo Today, 09:16 AM Go to last post
      gail bisson

Semi-palmated Plover

Thread Starter: gail bisson

Canon 1DMKIV
      600mm and 1.4x
      ISO 800 F 5.6 SS 1/500
      Ingonish, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
      PP: Crop to pano, NR to BG, cloned a little

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 11:16 AM Go to last post
      Greg Oakley

Rose Robin

Thread Starter: Greg Oakley

This is a lovely little robin found mainly in the mid-canopy in wetter forests here in Victoria.
      Playback used. Thanks for looking, Greg.

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 11:24 AM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Clean Crow

Thread Starter: William Dickson

Canon 5D Mkiii
      f/4 500mm with 1x4iii
      f/6.3
      1/2500
      ISO 800

Thanks for having a look

Last Post By: Grace Scalzo Today, 09:11 AM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Hyena on a mission

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

This guy seemed to be fixated on something and walking with great intent.
      1/1600
      f/5.6
      ISO 800
      5D III + 500 II

Last Post By: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar Today, 12:16 AM Go to last post
      Juan Carlos Vindas

Bicubic sharper or Bicubic (best for smooth gradients)

Thread Starter: Juan Carlos Vindas

In the last months I have been reading a little about the preferences for PS when creating files to share on the web, I am unsure as to which image interpolation

Last Post By: Juan Carlos Vindas Today, 11:04 AM Go to last post
      Wendy Kates

Theme: San Francisco Bay

Thread Starter: Wendy Kates

I revisited this posterized image of the San Francisco Bay that I took from a ferry a couple of years ago, and thought it would fit the theme.

Last Post By: Dennis Bishop Yesterday, 10:15 PM Go to last post
      Cheryl Slechta

Theme - Almost Halloween

Thread Starter: Cheryl Slechta

This was taken on Wednesday in the yard of Repurpose (a building recycling business) of a partial pedestal. The original (which I like better I think

Last Post By: Wendy Kates Yesterday, 09:37 PM Go to last post
    • New Memory Card! XQD

Sony Unveils New, High-Speed XQD™ Memory Cards

1Gbps for faster write speed and superb reliability create new possibilities for advanced shooters PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giving photo enthusiasts and professional photographers a new level of speed and performance, the new Sony XQD™ memory cards support the recently adopted XQD specification for high-speed, high-performance digital image capture.
      Using the XQD memory cards, XQD compatible high-end DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera users can capture up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode. In addition to outstanding high-speed data transfer capability, the new cards are highly reliable to protect users' data and images.
      "Advanced shooters want to capture the moment in the highest quality possible, and that often means dealing with massive files like RAW images," said Viviano Cantu, Director of Consumer Media for Sony Electronics. "Memory card technology has done a great job of keeping pace, but these new cards give an entirely new meaning to speed and performance."
      The new Sony cards are based on the XQD memory card specification, which the CompactFlash Association recently approved and licensed as an open format. With its ultra high write-speed performance, and when using Nikon's new DSLR "D4," the XQD memory card can record up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode*.
      The Sony XQD memory card achieves stable continuous shooting of RAW images and blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps/125MB/s write and read (based on Sony tests and dependent on host hardware) through the PCIe interface, a computer expansion card standard for serial interfaces.
      A unique controller and optimized flash memory enables high-speed data processing, resulting in faster write speed and performance that can't be achieved by conventional compact flash cards.
      Sony is also introducing a USB 2.0/3.0 compatible XQD card reader (model MRW-E80) so users can quickly and easily transfer large quantities of very high capacity data to their PC. Also, an XQD ExpressCard Adapter (QDA-EX1) will be available for use with computers with an ExpressCard™ 34 card slot.
      "As users' needs continue to evolve," Cantu added, "Sony will also continue to enhance the XQD memory card line-up to meet the future requirements of the high-end digital imaging market."
      The new Sony products are planned to be available in February and are estimated to sell at the following retail prices:

• QD-H16 card, 16 GB, $129.99
      • QD-H32 card, 32 GB, $229.99
      • Card Reader, MRW-E80, $44.99
      • ExpressCard Adapter, QDA-EX1, $44.99

For information, visit www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_us/xqd/index.html.

Available @ http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/
    Web Analytics