• Most Recent Threads

Joseph Przybyla

Great Egret and Chick

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

This image was captured at the rookery in Gatorland, Orlando, Florida last March. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 01:50 PM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Indian Rhino head on

Thread Starter: Andreas Liedmann

Hi folks was digging in older files and found this Indian Rhino and i quite liked the head on pose and the Indian Myna ? on his back.Shortly after slowly

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Today, 01:34 PM Go to last post
      David Bose

Into the Light

Thread Starter: David Bose

Here is an interesting image of a Great Egret I captured during an early morning sunrise this past weekend from my boat. At first I hated it but it starting

Last Post By: David Bose Today, 01:27 PM Go to last post
      Jeannean Ryman

Difficult lighting and color cast

Thread Starter: Jeannean Ryman

If this wasn't the first time I had captured the Bronze Cowbird in it's courting hovering pose, I would scrap it, but since it is, I wanted to try and

Last Post By: Jeannean Ryman Today, 11:09 AM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Forster's Tern #2 -- Scanning for Breakfast

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

Another from Brigantine last Friday morning, showing the dorsal view with the lovely cinnamon plumage. This juvie is a different individual from the

Last Post By: Bill Dix Today, 12:37 PM Go to last post
      Hazel Grant

Chicago Reflection

Thread Starter: Hazel Grant

I did work on distortion here but given the fact that this is a curved building, some distortion remains in the glass, but that's just the nature of the

Last Post By: Hazel Grant Today, 08:32 AM Go to last post
      Scott Turner

Swan Tranquility

Thread Starter: Scott Turner

A group or 'bevy' of Black Swans in the very early morning sun yesterday enjoying a bright sunny morning for once. It has been raining heavily here for

Last Post By: Daniel Cadieux Today, 11:40 AM Go to last post
      Jim Keener

Canon Lens Price Drops / 500mm f/4 II $9499

Thread Starter: Jim Keener

Many lenses down $100-$1000. Canon Rumors. Appears to be permanent.

Last Post By: Jim Keener Today, 07:49 AM Go to last post
      Ian Wilson

Brown Thornbill hovering on banksia flower spike

Thread Starter: Ian Wilson

Brown Thornbill is one of our smallest birds, in fact, the eponymous 'little brown job' aka LBJ. Normally insect feeders, they will supplement their

Last Post By: Daniel Cadieux Today, 11:42 AM Go to last post
      Don Railton

Don't cry my darling...(C)

Thread Starter: Don Railton

Hi Guys

I noticed earlier today that the wild life theme was 'close ups..' 'Yes' I think and immediately knew what image to post, not so

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 09:09 AM Go to last post
    • New Memory Card! XQD

Sony Unveils New, High-Speed XQD™ Memory Cards

1Gbps for faster write speed and superb reliability create new possibilities for advanced shooters PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giving photo enthusiasts and professional photographers a new level of speed and performance, the new Sony XQD™ memory cards support the recently adopted XQD specification for high-speed, high-performance digital image capture.
      Using the XQD memory cards, XQD compatible high-end DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera users can capture up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode. In addition to outstanding high-speed data transfer capability, the new cards are highly reliable to protect users' data and images.
      "Advanced shooters want to capture the moment in the highest quality possible, and that often means dealing with massive files like RAW images," said Viviano Cantu, Director of Consumer Media for Sony Electronics. "Memory card technology has done a great job of keeping pace, but these new cards give an entirely new meaning to speed and performance."
      The new Sony cards are based on the XQD memory card specification, which the CompactFlash Association recently approved and licensed as an open format. With its ultra high write-speed performance, and when using Nikon's new DSLR "D4," the XQD memory card can record up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode*.
      The Sony XQD memory card achieves stable continuous shooting of RAW images and blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps/125MB/s write and read (based on Sony tests and dependent on host hardware) through the PCIe interface, a computer expansion card standard for serial interfaces.
      A unique controller and optimized flash memory enables high-speed data processing, resulting in faster write speed and performance that can't be achieved by conventional compact flash cards.
      Sony is also introducing a USB 2.0/3.0 compatible XQD card reader (model MRW-E80) so users can quickly and easily transfer large quantities of very high capacity data to their PC. Also, an XQD ExpressCard Adapter (QDA-EX1) will be available for use with computers with an ExpressCard™ 34 card slot.
      "As users' needs continue to evolve," Cantu added, "Sony will also continue to enhance the XQD memory card line-up to meet the future requirements of the high-end digital imaging market."
      The new Sony products are planned to be available in February and are estimated to sell at the following retail prices:

• QD-H16 card, 16 GB, $129.99
      • QD-H32 card, 32 GB, $229.99
      • Card Reader, MRW-E80, $44.99
      • ExpressCard Adapter, QDA-EX1, $44.99

For information, visit www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_us/xqd/index.html.

Available @ http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/
    Web Analytics