• Most Recent Threads

Rachel Hollander

Elephant Textures

Thread Starter: Rachel Hollander

I thought I would start off November's Theme of "Textures." This is a theme that we hope you'll have some fun with and experiment a bit. Taken

Last Post By: Rachel Hollander Today, 06:11 AM Go to last post
      John Cooper

Whistling Kite's dilemma

Thread Starter: John Cooper

Following on from yesterday's post - The Black Falcon is an aggressive raptor but I'm sure there was no ill intent when it landed on the kit's foot pinning

Last Post By: Ian Wilson Today, 05:22 AM Go to last post
      christopher galeski

King of the Castle Male Red Grouse

Thread Starter: christopher galeski

taken on Bowland moor the other day,it was a beautiful day,my favorite game bird.cannon 500mm IS L F4,7D MK1,hand held,ISO200,F7.1,1/800S,crop,levels,sharpened,removed

Last Post By: christopher galeski Today, 04:18 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Great spotted woodpecker

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Taken from garden hide Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 Auto ISO 320, Manual mode 1/1250 sec f7.1
      All C&C welcome

Last Post By: christopher galeski Today, 04:21 AM Go to last post
      Doug Brown

My First 7D Mark II Frame

Thread Starter: Doug Brown

I just received my 7D II today, and spent a little time with it in my backyard this afternoon. My initial impression is favorable, but I've only shot

Last Post By: Doug Brown Yesterday, 10:37 PM Go to last post
      Steve Canuel

Bison

Thread Starter: Steve Canuel

One from a late summer trip. Almost midday, but high, wispy clouds cut down on the contrast a little bit. It was a bit breezy and I liked the effect

Last Post By: Nicholas Chow Today, 03:37 AM Go to last post
      David N Smith

Canon 7D MKII

Thread Starter: David N Smith

I hope this is alright to post, if not then the moderators should remove it.

If anyone is looking for a Canon 7D MKII Sunny Schick Camera

Last Post By: David N Smith Yesterday, 04:10 PM Go to last post
      John Robinson

Garden Spider

Thread Starter: John Robinson

Garden Spider (Araneus diadematus)
      Its that time of year again.
      D7000
      Contrast down 1.
      On board flash
      HDI High

Last Post By: John Robinson Yesterday, 02:05 PM Go to last post
      Mitch Carucci

Theme - Library Lion

Thread Starter: Mitch Carucci

A repost, but I thought it was spooky.

remask, flood & Fractalius.

Last Post By: Mitch Carucci Yesterday, 01:16 PM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Leopard portrait

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

This was the first leopard we saw at Timbavati during our trip. I used the 7D and 500mm to get a tight shot as there was too much distracting foliage

Last Post By: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar Today, 12:34 AM Go to last post
    • New Memory Card! XQD

Sony Unveils New, High-Speed XQD™ Memory Cards

1Gbps for faster write speed and superb reliability create new possibilities for advanced shooters PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giving photo enthusiasts and professional photographers a new level of speed and performance, the new Sony XQD™ memory cards support the recently adopted XQD specification for high-speed, high-performance digital image capture.
      Using the XQD memory cards, XQD compatible high-end DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera users can capture up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode. In addition to outstanding high-speed data transfer capability, the new cards are highly reliable to protect users' data and images.
      "Advanced shooters want to capture the moment in the highest quality possible, and that often means dealing with massive files like RAW images," said Viviano Cantu, Director of Consumer Media for Sony Electronics. "Memory card technology has done a great job of keeping pace, but these new cards give an entirely new meaning to speed and performance."
      The new Sony cards are based on the XQD memory card specification, which the CompactFlash Association recently approved and licensed as an open format. With its ultra high write-speed performance, and when using Nikon's new DSLR "D4," the XQD memory card can record up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode*.
      The Sony XQD memory card achieves stable continuous shooting of RAW images and blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps/125MB/s write and read (based on Sony tests and dependent on host hardware) through the PCIe interface, a computer expansion card standard for serial interfaces.
      A unique controller and optimized flash memory enables high-speed data processing, resulting in faster write speed and performance that can't be achieved by conventional compact flash cards.
      Sony is also introducing a USB 2.0/3.0 compatible XQD card reader (model MRW-E80) so users can quickly and easily transfer large quantities of very high capacity data to their PC. Also, an XQD ExpressCard Adapter (QDA-EX1) will be available for use with computers with an ExpressCard™ 34 card slot.
      "As users' needs continue to evolve," Cantu added, "Sony will also continue to enhance the XQD memory card line-up to meet the future requirements of the high-end digital imaging market."
      The new Sony products are planned to be available in February and are estimated to sell at the following retail prices:

• QD-H16 card, 16 GB, $129.99
      • QD-H32 card, 32 GB, $229.99
      • Card Reader, MRW-E80, $44.99
      • ExpressCard Adapter, QDA-EX1, $44.99

For information, visit www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_us/xqd/index.html.

Available @ http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/
    Web Analytics