• Most Recent Threads

Dvir Barkay

Leading Lines

Thread Starter: Dvir Barkay

With my favorite awards of the year about the be announced (the BBC photography awards). I decided to post one the the images (3) that was

Last Post By: Dvir Barkay Today, 01:33 AM Go to last post
      Lorant Voros

Semipalmated Plover

Thread Starter: Lorant Voros

Another photo from yesterday with the overcast sky. I managed to get close to this fellow crawling on my belly. Comments are welcome.

1DMKIV

Last Post By: Lorant Voros Yesterday, 10:40 PM Go to last post
      Raybel Robles

Cattle Egret

Thread Starter: Raybel Robles

Nikon D610 | 300mm 2.8 | f/3.2 | Auto ISO 500 | 1/1000s

Taken in Gatorland, FL earlier this year.

Last Post By: Raybel Robles Yesterday, 08:42 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Snowy Egret... Love it or hate it background

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I was at Lake Mirror in the center of Lakeland, Florida recently. As I was leaving I noticed this Snowy Egret on the bottom step of a set of concrete

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Yesterday, 07:00 PM Go to last post
      CM Prince

Great Kiskadee

Thread Starter: CM Prince

Taken yesterday in RGV, TX.

Nikon D610
      1/250 sec. at f / 8.0, ISO 1000, 240 mm.

All C & C greatly appreciated.

Last Post By: Doug West Yesterday, 11:33 PM Go to last post
      Ron Conlon

sandhill cranes

Thread Starter: Ron Conlon

A calling pair of cranes. They are resident at this local preserve and I rarely see them until this time of year when they come close to the paths. They

Last Post By: Ron Conlon Yesterday, 06:43 PM Go to last post
      Giovanni Frescura

af point focus

Thread Starter: Giovanni Frescura

Hello
      only a trouble ...reading notice about the new 65 af cross point Canon 7d mark II:
      are they very useful using manual setting with only

Last Post By: Giovanni Frescura Yesterday, 04:18 PM Go to last post
      Jim Crosswell

Tufted Titmouse

Thread Starter: Jim Crosswell

This was taken a couple of days ago at a local nature reserve. This was a setup that I located near their main feeding area. These birds are very quick.

Last Post By: Lorant Voros Yesterday, 10:43 PM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Hyena cubs in the dark

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Hyena cubs cozying up to each other near their den at night. This was shot with the help of the tracker's spot light in the dark at crazy high ISO speed

Last Post By: Loi Nguyen Today, 12:53 AM Go to last post
      Katie Rupp

Leaping Leopard

Thread Starter: Katie Rupp

We found this leopard on our first afternoon in the Mara which was thrilling in itself and add to that the excitement of watching her climb up a mound

Last Post By: Loi Nguyen Today, 01:01 AM Go to last post
    • New Memory Card! XQD

Sony Unveils New, High-Speed XQD™ Memory Cards

1Gbps for faster write speed and superb reliability create new possibilities for advanced shooters PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giving photo enthusiasts and professional photographers a new level of speed and performance, the new Sony XQD™ memory cards support the recently adopted XQD specification for high-speed, high-performance digital image capture.
      Using the XQD memory cards, XQD compatible high-end DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera users can capture up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode. In addition to outstanding high-speed data transfer capability, the new cards are highly reliable to protect users' data and images.
      "Advanced shooters want to capture the moment in the highest quality possible, and that often means dealing with massive files like RAW images," said Viviano Cantu, Director of Consumer Media for Sony Electronics. "Memory card technology has done a great job of keeping pace, but these new cards give an entirely new meaning to speed and performance."
      The new Sony cards are based on the XQD memory card specification, which the CompactFlash Association recently approved and licensed as an open format. With its ultra high write-speed performance, and when using Nikon's new DSLR "D4," the XQD memory card can record up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode*.
      The Sony XQD memory card achieves stable continuous shooting of RAW images and blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps/125MB/s write and read (based on Sony tests and dependent on host hardware) through the PCIe interface, a computer expansion card standard for serial interfaces.
      A unique controller and optimized flash memory enables high-speed data processing, resulting in faster write speed and performance that can't be achieved by conventional compact flash cards.
      Sony is also introducing a USB 2.0/3.0 compatible XQD card reader (model MRW-E80) so users can quickly and easily transfer large quantities of very high capacity data to their PC. Also, an XQD ExpressCard Adapter (QDA-EX1) will be available for use with computers with an ExpressCard™ 34 card slot.
      "As users' needs continue to evolve," Cantu added, "Sony will also continue to enhance the XQD memory card line-up to meet the future requirements of the high-end digital imaging market."
      The new Sony products are planned to be available in February and are estimated to sell at the following retail prices:

• QD-H16 card, 16 GB, $129.99
      • QD-H32 card, 32 GB, $229.99
      • Card Reader, MRW-E80, $44.99
      • ExpressCard Adapter, QDA-EX1, $44.99

For information, visit www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_us/xqd/index.html.

Available @ http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/
    Web Analytics