• New Memory Card! XQD

Sony Unveils New, High-Speed XQD™ Memory Cards

1Gbps for faster write speed and superb reliability create new possibilities for advanced shooters PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giving photo enthusiasts and professional photographers a new level of speed and performance, the new Sony XQD™ memory cards support the recently adopted XQD specification for high-speed, high-performance digital image capture.
      Using the XQD memory cards, XQD compatible high-end DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera users can capture up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode. In addition to outstanding high-speed data transfer capability, the new cards are highly reliable to protect users' data and images.
      "Advanced shooters want to capture the moment in the highest quality possible, and that often means dealing with massive files like RAW images," said Viviano Cantu, Director of Consumer Media for Sony Electronics. "Memory card technology has done a great job of keeping pace, but these new cards give an entirely new meaning to speed and performance."
      The new Sony cards are based on the XQD memory card specification, which the CompactFlash Association recently approved and licensed as an open format. With its ultra high write-speed performance, and when using Nikon's new DSLR "D4," the XQD memory card can record up to approximately 100 frames in RAW format in continuous shooting mode*.
      The Sony XQD memory card achieves stable continuous shooting of RAW images and blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps/125MB/s write and read (based on Sony tests and dependent on host hardware) through the PCIe interface, a computer expansion card standard for serial interfaces.
      A unique controller and optimized flash memory enables high-speed data processing, resulting in faster write speed and performance that can't be achieved by conventional compact flash cards.
      Sony is also introducing a USB 2.0/3.0 compatible XQD card reader (model MRW-E80) so users can quickly and easily transfer large quantities of very high capacity data to their PC. Also, an XQD ExpressCard Adapter (QDA-EX1) will be available for use with computers with an ExpressCard™ 34 card slot.
      "As users' needs continue to evolve," Cantu added, "Sony will also continue to enhance the XQD memory card line-up to meet the future requirements of the high-end digital imaging market."
      The new Sony products are planned to be available in February and are estimated to sell at the following retail prices:

• QD-H16 card, 16 GB, $129.99
      • QD-H32 card, 32 GB, $229.99
      • Card Reader, MRW-E80, $44.99
      • ExpressCard Adapter, QDA-EX1, $44.99

For information, visit www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_us/xqd/index.html.

Available @ http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/
    • Most Recent Threads

Adhika Lie

Spoonbill portrait

Thread Starter: Adhika Lie

After looking at Glennie's background painting, I am quite motivated to work on this image. I also think I might have gone a little too much, I wonder

Last Post By: Adhika Lie Today, 02:25 AM Go to last post
      Michael Thompson

Sandhill Cranes at sunset and the moon

Thread Starter: Michael Thompson

I was lucky to capture these cranes in the same frame as the crescent moon last fall at Crex Meadows, WI! I would have liked the moon to be brighter and

Last Post By: Adhika Lie Today, 02:35 AM Go to last post
      Isaac Grant

Sanderling at 700mm

Thread Starter: Isaac Grant

This Sanderling walked up to me and stood there for me to take a picture. It was like he was posing for me. Got a shot and then it just slowly walked

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Yesterday, 09:16 PM Go to last post
      Andrew Harrell

Stalking gator

Thread Starter: Andrew Harrell

This alligator came straight at me from over 100 yards away. Big fella. It was still fairly early in the morning, so light wasn't perfect but I liked

Last Post By: Adhika Lie Today, 02:34 AM Go to last post
      Geoffrey Montagu

Bobolink

Thread Starter: Geoffrey Montagu

Captured this image of an adult with breeding plumage on a hot, late summer afternoon in August of 2014 at a local wildlife preserve. C&C welcome.

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Yesterday, 08:26 PM Go to last post
      dennis greenwood

Wild and free little owl

Thread Starter: dennis greenwood

Once again as the season aproaches ,my passion and commitment for these hardy little birds will continue ...As i have previousley said these birds never

Last Post By: PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA Today, 12:50 AM Go to last post
      Henry Domke

1DX II vs 5DsR - Which is best for Birds?

Thread Starter: Henry Domke

5/4/16
      Please help me decide which to get for general bird photography. As my previous post says, I’ve been looking at the 1DX II versus the

Last Post By: arash_hazeghi Yesterday, 06:51 PM Go to last post
      arash_hazeghi

Kingfisher in flight at 1200mm

Thread Starter: arash_hazeghi

Got this KF frame in very low light (cloudy evening skies). 1DX 600 II + 2X III. ISO 3200. f/8 at 1/1250sec hand held Can't wait to see what the

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Yesterday, 08:30 PM Go to last post
      Arthur Morris

Early Morning Light Rocks Gemsbok

Thread Starter: Arthur Morris

This image was created at Sossusvlei inside of Namib Naukluft National Park, Namibia. I used the Induro GIT 304L/Mongoose M3.6-mounted Canon EF 600mm

Last Post By: haseeb badar Today, 04:13 AM Go to last post
      Arthur Morris

Close Encounter...

Thread Starter: Arthur Morris

What is it?

Learn more here.

As for the image, all honest comments are welcome. a

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Yesterday, 08:39 PM Go to last post
      Robert Kattanek

Great Spotted Woodpecker

Thread Starter: Robert Kattanek

Since I got the 7D Mark II in February, I have tried to not only get photos of birds sitting somewhere, but actually put the great autofocus

Last Post By: Robert Kattanek Today, 05:23 AM Go to last post
      David Cowling

The Presentation.

Thread Starter: David Cowling

I have been watching these Grebes for over four weeks now and feel very privileged to have witnessed many intimate moments. The male bird? is presenting

Last Post By: Glenn Conlan Yesterday, 06:46 PM Go to last post
      Lorant Voros

Flamingo close up

Thread Starter: Lorant Voros

I am going through some flamingo files and thinking about the the next months when they will get active with mating and nesting. Hope I will be there

Last Post By: John Robinson Yesterday, 04:19 PM Go to last post
      Valerio Tarone

NIKON NX-D versus LR cc

Thread Starter: Valerio Tarone

Question similar to the previous DPP versus LR. I' ve used Niokn Capture for some years, but the end of that and substitution with Nikon DX-D let me broken.

Last Post By: Diane Miller Yesterday, 11:13 AM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

Nice to see they are back!

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

A couple of weeks ago I went back to see if there were any signs of the Little Owls this year, after five days of numerous hours one finally made an appearance

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Yesterday, 11:51 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics