• Featured Articles RSS Feed

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    • Most Recent Threads

Steve Kaluski

Chilled out...

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

Here is another from Meerkat manor at Tswalu.

Like Dumay's image, these Meerkats are photographed early in the morning as the group warm

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 12:37 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Loch Ness Monster...

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I captured this image of a Double-crested Cormorant at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated.

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 08:29 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Blackcap (Sylvia atricapilla)

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Taken from my back garden hide, (sunflower seeds were bait). Inevitably he perched on the least desirable area of twig!

Canon 5D IV Canon

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 09:20 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Black backed jackal (Canis mesomelas)

Taken from car window in Kruger Park, overcast drizzly day, there was a small group of jackals, rummaging around looking as if they had been up to no

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea Today, 07:08 AM Go to last post
      Krishna Prasad kotti

Impressions from Bosque

Thread Starter: Krishna Prasad kotti

I made this image in Bosque Del Apace NM on 27 Dec 2018

I like the waves created by the Snow Geese Blasting off

Nikon D850,

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 08:27 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

White-tail doe

Thread Starter: John Mack

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 1/11/19 at 3:42PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 09:01 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Marbled Godwit

Thread Starter: John Mack

This image was Created at Fort De Soto on 4/21/17 at 5:43PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Medium crop.

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 11:15 AM Go to last post
      Colin Driscoll

Dive

Thread Starter: Colin Driscoll

A Crested Tern just rolling over for the dive, just on sunset. These birds are such good BIF practice because they are so erratic, one second level flight

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 08:34 AM Go to last post
      Stu Bowie

FEBRUARY THEME - PORTRAITS

Thread Starter: Stu Bowie

February's theme will be portraits. Lets get up close and personal with our feathered friends to show off their beauty. Lets see their colourful eyes,

Last Post By: Stu Bowie Yesterday, 01:37 PM Go to last post
      Jack Backs

White-crowned Sparrow

Thread Starter: Jack Backs

Never go out into the field looking for sparrows, but occasionally run across one worth imaging. Taken last February.
      Nikon D500/500mmF4VRII/TC-14EIII

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 08:37 AM Go to last post
      Mike Poole

Sparrowhawk

Thread Starter: Mike Poole

This is from a set up hide in Scotland where there are 3 regular sparrow hawks that come in, either for bait or for the sheer number

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 08:38 AM Go to last post
      David Roach

Happy couple in best finery...

Thread Starter: David Roach

EOS R EF 400DO I f5.6 1/1600 ISO 1600

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 08:41 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Barn owl (Tyto alba)

Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 L IS II + 1.4TC III
      Auto ISO 2000, 1/2000 sec, f5.6

ACR & PSCC

Well it's been a couple

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 04:24 PM Go to last post
      Arthur Morris

Black-browed Albatross in straight and level tight flight

Thread Starter: Arthur Morris

This image was created on December 23, 2018 at The Neck on Saunders Island, The Falklands. I used the hand Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR lens

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Yesterday, 08:22 PM Go to last post
      Alex Becker

Cormorant

Thread Starter: Alex Becker

Hi all,

A cormorant shaking off taken at Barnegat a couple weeks ago. I've seen terns do this, but rarely other birds, so it was fun to capture

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 04:21 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics