• Featured Articles RSS Feed

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    • Most Recent Threads

John Mack

Pearl Crescent

Thread Starter: John Mack

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 7/18/18 at 6:37AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Camera on sticks triggered

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 10:43 AM Go to last post
      Alex Becker

House finch

Thread Starter: Alex Becker

Hi all,

A house finch taken at a feeder set up. I recently moved to a new apt where I have a small backyard so I'm trying to get some feeders

Last Post By: Alex Becker Today, 10:23 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Tree Swallow

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 4/23/18 at 7:34AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Full frame.

Last Post By: Alex Becker Today, 10:28 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Four Spot Chaser (Libellula quadrimaculata)

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Tripod, Canon 5D IV Canon 100-400 L IS II +1.4TC II ISO 1000, 1/1000 sec f11
      Another shot taken by the garden pond.

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 09:33 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Warthog (Phacochoerus africanus

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Canon 1DX Canon 100-400 L IS II @ 142m, ISO 1600,1/1000sec, f8
      ACR + PSCC
      Taken from the car, in the Letaba region of Kruger Park

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 05:56 AM Go to last post
      Paul Burdett

Kite's dinner time at sunset

Thread Starter: Paul Burdett

I was able to watch this Kite for over half an hour whilst it was having dinner, taking a number of shots of differing angles etc. I've chosen this one

Last Post By: Alex Becker Today, 10:24 AM Go to last post
      Colin Driscoll

Masked Lapwing

Thread Starter: Colin Driscoll

This bird has taken up residence in my front yard. I hope with Spring on the way that we might have a nest.
      1DXII 400mm F/2.8L II & 2XIII 800mm

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 09:14 AM Go to last post
      Jack Backs

Dickcissel

Thread Starter: Jack Backs

Taken early one morning at Clarence Cannon National Wildlife Refuge back in May out of the window of my vehicle. I know, the head is turned a little to

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 09:15 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

White-tail Fawn

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 7/7/18 at at 7:03PM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Last Post By: Roger Smith Yesterday, 04:50 PM Go to last post
      Geoff Newhouse

Another Barred Owl...

Thread Starter: Geoff Newhouse

This one was what I would call a 100% Hail Mary fluke of the year shot...this owl went over my head by inches and this is the only shot even close to

Last Post By: Alex Becker Today, 10:26 AM Go to last post
      Krishna Prasad kotti

Sunflower

Thread Starter: Krishna Prasad kotti

I made this image in Genola, UT during my trip to Lavender Fields.

The trip did not turn out to be as good as I would have like to, but I

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 09:31 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Pick Up Sticks...

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

To explain the title, there was a game I played in my childhood years called pick up sticks. A group of sticks was shaken and then thrown into a pile,

Last Post By: Alex Becker Today, 10:27 AM Go to last post
      Steven Budd

Backlit Herring Gull

Thread Starter: Steven Budd

Hi folks.

While practising flight photography in North Cornwall recently, I thought it'd be worth keeping the shutter rolling as birds went

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 09:17 AM Go to last post
      Glenn Pure

Eastern Spinebill

Thread Starter: Glenn Pure

The closest thing Australia has to a hummingbird. This small honeyeater is often seen hovering at flowers as pictured here. I was in two minds

Last Post By: Colin Driscoll Today, 01:20 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Tree Swallow

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 4/28/18 at 7:45AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Full frame.

Last Post By: Glenn Pure 07-18-2018, 09:04 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics