• Featured Articles RSS Feed

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    • Most Recent Threads

Joseph Przybyla

Me And My Shadow...

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

Image captured at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Dragonfly species unidentified at this time, any help appreciated. Comments and critique

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 02:46 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Moe, Larry And Shemp

I captured this image of Green Heron chicks at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. I was walking along the Marsh Rabbit Run trail, glancing

Last Post By: annmpacheco Today, 02:51 PM Go to last post
      Gabriela Plesea

Mean and Lean

Thread Starter: Gabriela Plesea

Dear Friends,

Tonight I am sharing an older image, taken in October 2014. Sighting occurred near a waterhole close to Mata Mata camp, time

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea Today, 01:23 PM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

White Ibis

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

A half-hour before sunset, in February of last year. I was sitting behind my lowered tripod, at water's edge on the North Beach Lagoon of Ft. DeSoto,

Last Post By: annmpacheco Today, 02:55 PM Go to last post
      arash_hazeghi

Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF preview

Thread Starter: arash_hazeghi

just got my 500mm f/5.6 PF this lens is SMALL

my first impressions here

http://arihazeghiphotography.com/blo...-6-pf-preview/

Last Post By: arash_hazeghi Today, 01:35 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Smoky Stream

Thread Starter: John Mack

This image was created in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on 8/2/18 at 10:17AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Camera

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 07:04 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Coyote

This image was created in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on 8/8/18 at 9:11AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea Today, 11:45 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Red Winged Blackbird

This image was created at Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge in Tyre, New York on 4/27/18 at 10:27AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 07:30 AM Go to last post
      Ravi Hirekatur

Brown/Black eyed Susan

Thread Starter: Ravi Hirekatur

Had to keep a higher shutter speed to accommodate movement.
      Canon 7D II + 180/3.5 lens
      f/5.6, 1/400, ISO 800
      Canon DPP4 + PS, added

Last Post By: Ravi Hirekatur Yesterday, 04:43 PM Go to last post
      Marc Mol

Stalking cub

Thread Starter: Marc Mol

Early sunrise, golden hour and a 6 month old cub from the 30+ strong Vumbi pride goes into stalking mode.
      Central Serengeti- TZ

Last Post By: Marc Mol Today, 10:40 AM Go to last post
      Gabriela Plesea

Enemy Approaching

Thread Starter: Gabriela Plesea

Dear Friends,

I am sharing another cheetah image tonight but I assure you it is not the same individual I posted earlier this week

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea Yesterday, 11:56 PM Go to last post
      Stu Bowie

OCTOBER THEME - GULLS

Thread Starter: Stu Bowie

October's theme will be Gulls. I know this is a popular theme/subject, so there will be no excuses for not having bumper entries. Lets capture something

Last Post By: Stu Bowie Yesterday, 01:35 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Mouthful Of Grass And Fish...

I captured this image of a Great Egret at the north lagoon at Ft. Desoto County Park, Pinellas County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated.

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 07:40 AM Go to last post
      Debapratim Saha

Great Indian Hornbill

Thread Starter: Debapratim Saha

Had to climb up a steep hill slope and positioned above the fruiting fig tree to get such top view
      Nikon D850+850mm,f5.6,1/2000s,ISO 2500.

Last Post By: Debapratim Saha Today, 11:35 AM Go to last post
      Daniel Cadieux

Black-bellied Plover at First Light.

Thread Starter: Daniel Cadieux

A very accommodating individual, often coming way inside of MFD. On this frame, it was photographed a few minutes after sunrise (you can see the sun

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 09:54 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics