• Featured Articles RSS Feed

by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.
      Published on 09-18-2012 10:19 PM
      Article Preview

I was walking along a narrow path next to Little Estero Lagoon while scouting for a Southwest Florida IPT. About 50 yards ahead of me there were two American Oystercatchers foraging. The only problem was that 35 yards ahead of me a photographer was lying on his belly photographing the pair of attractive birds. They were catching big worms and the light was lovely… What to do? The guy was on the wet sand was facing away and was not at all aware that I was there. If I called to him (to ask if I could join him) I risked scaring the birds away. So I stood there for 30 minutes and watched with a bit of envy. Finally I decided that I would join him by starting my crawl from way back so as not to flush the birds.
      I advanced slowly a few yards, remaining well outside of this species usual circle of fear. I slowly and carefully got down on one knee and the birds did not notice me, but as I lowered myself to the prone position, ...

Page 7 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    • Most Recent Threads

Terry Johnson

Tulip Fields

Thread Starter: Terry Johnson

Hello, this image was taken at the Tulip Fields in Oregon. I am still cleaning up the image.

Nikon D850
      24-70 @ 70mm

Last Post By: Terry Johnson Today, 05:09 PM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Blacksmith Lapwing

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

The bird is aptly named, since his call does indeed sound like a blacksmith's hammer hitting an anvil. He's shown here doing an after-bath wingstretch.

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 04:35 PM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Fire Salamander

Thread Starter: Andreas Liedmann

Hello folks sorry for being again away from here ...too many things to cover right now.

Just been out yesterday to find this nice characters

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Today, 01:35 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Flipping Catfish...

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I posted a image similar to this a while back. this is another image I worked up today for the theme. Image captured at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 04:37 PM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

Polar bear in late golden light

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

Our little vessel was parked up in the pack ice as this Polar bear just walked by, catching the strong, late afternoon light. They do come incredibly

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 11:21 AM Go to last post
      Michael Thompson

Eared grebe profile

Thread Starter: Michael Thompson

Well it has been a long winter, but the water birds have returned! Time to dust off the camera and get out birding! I captured this one a couple days

Last Post By: Bill Dix Today, 03:54 PM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

A handy toothpick

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

Can't remember if this has been posted or not, but this is one of the owlets in the process of preening from last years brood. No idea if they are around

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 04:48 PM Go to last post
      Jay Ing

Great Egret - Playin' Fetch

Thread Starter: Jay Ing

More of the white feather'd friends for Newark, CA.
      D850, Sigma 500+ 1.4 TC, HH, C1P raw, PS CCC 2018 adjustment, crop.

Last Post By: Jay Ing Today, 11:15 AM Go to last post
      Geoffrey Montagu

African Leopard

Thread Starter: Geoffrey Montagu

Captured this image in Botswana, while this beauty was concentrating on a Warthog burrow just out of frame, and was not concerned with our presence at

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 03:30 AM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Theme - Red Grouse 'Lord of the Glen'

Thread Starter: William Dickson

Canon 1DX
      f/4 500mm
      f/5.6
      1/800
      ISO 1600

I liked the proud, chest out, display, this one gave me, as it looked out

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 04:52 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Wood duck

Thread Starter: John Mack

Wood duck drake. This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 4/21/18 at 8:24AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held,

Last Post By: Michael Thompson Today, 08:40 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Jackdaw

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Tripod, Mongoose head, Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 l IS II + 1.4TC III ISO 400 1/1000 sec f8
      I went to Bempton to get gannets, I came home with a

Last Post By: Mike Poole Today, 10:37 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Impala and red billed oxpecker

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Taken from car window
      Canon 5D III ISO 800, 1/2500 sec f8 Canon 100-400 L IS II
      ACR + PSCC (had to do a lot of tidying up in the background)

Last Post By: Mike Poole Today, 10:45 AM Go to last post
      Somdeb Biswas

Stinking yet Surviving

Thread Starter: Somdeb Biswas

Stinking yet Surviving

Greater Adjutant Stocks are IUCN Endangered Red Listed with less than 1000 surviving and the number is declining.

Last Post By: Mike Poole Today, 10:38 AM Go to last post
      keith mitchell

Theme. Water Vole.

Thread Starter: keith mitchell

Nikon D4
      Nikon 300mm 2.8
      1/400@f7.1
      iso 2000.

Onr from an old project hoping to get another one going soon.

Last Post By: Geoffrey Montagu Yesterday, 10:53 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics