• Featured Articles RSS Feed

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    • Most Recent Threads

Jay Ing

American Avocet in Flight

Thread Starter: Jay Ing

One from today. Got a bit past me. Don't think I nailed focus. But, I still like it in many ways.

Last Post By: Jay Ing Yesterday, 11:55 PM Go to last post
      Glenn Pure

Satin Bowerbird

Thread Starter: Glenn Pure

Portrait of an immature male Satin Bowerbird showing off his remarkable violet/blue eye colour (birds of both sexes have eyes this colour).

Last Post By: Ian McLachlan Today, 04:01 AM Go to last post
      Glenn Pure

Spotted Hyena cubs

Thread Starter: Glenn Pure

A nice cute shot of some hyena cubs, taken soon after dawn. There were 9 cubs in total and 3 of different ages are shown in this shot. Luckily

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 05:31 AM Go to last post
      Juan Tolentino

Herring Gull Preening

Thread Starter: Juan Tolentino

I captured this image in Key Biscayne, Florida, with the Nikon D500 Handheld and AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm 1-5.6E ED VR

ISO 1250
      f6.3

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 05:53 AM Go to last post
      Isaac Grant

Semipalmated Plover

Thread Starter: Isaac Grant

While on a family vacation I took a late evening walk down the beach of Brigantine Island, in New Jersey. There were thousands of shorebirds up and down

Last Post By: Mary Cuperr Yesterday, 10:39 PM Go to last post
      Stu Bowie

SEPTEMBER THEME - JUVENILES

Thread Starter: Stu Bowie

September's theme will be showing the youngsters. Any chick, Juvie of any species will qualify, and if you can manage a fluff ball, all the better. Remember

Last Post By: Stu Bowie Yesterday, 02:17 PM Go to last post
      dennis greenwood

Juvenile out for a stroll

Thread Starter: dennis greenwood

The Little owls have sucessfully raised 3 this year.
      This Juvenile is getting very confident at the moment ,although the adult male will soon have

Last Post By: dennis greenwood Yesterday, 01:50 PM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Caring & Shring

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

A pair of lionesses share a tender moment after enjoying a fresh kill. The blood stained face & paws tell it all.
      5D III
      500 II

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 05:47 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Green Heron

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I captured this image of a Green Heron early this morning at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated.

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Yesterday, 10:49 AM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

American Oystercatcher Adult and Juvenile

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

I enjoyed watching the parent Oystercatchers teaching the youngster how to forage for crustaceans in the sand. First one parent would walk with him for

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 06:01 AM Go to last post
      Mike Quigley

Solar Eclipse Preparation

Thread Starter: Mike Quigley

Hi all, getting ready for St. Louis this weekend. Just tested out my Seymore Solar filter for the 500mm F/4. This shot was with the 1DXII, 1000mm F/8

Last Post By: Mike Quigley Yesterday, 10:27 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Whitetail Buck in velvet

Thread Starter: John Mack

Vertical portrait of a whitetail buck in velvet. Image adjustments in Lightroom. Hand held, full frame.

This time i will include a self critique.

Last Post By: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar Yesterday, 01:40 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Bald Eagle

Thread Starter: John Mack

Flight image of a bald eagle on overcast day. Image adjustments in Lightroom. Hand held, full frame.

Canon 5D MarkIII
      Sigma 150-600

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 09:33 AM Go to last post
      Rachel Hollander

Lounging

Thread Starter: Rachel Hollander

This is one of the two 2 year old cubs. It's resting on mom and the other cub is also in the pile on the other side of mom.

Canon 7D2

Last Post By: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar Yesterday, 01:38 PM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

SEO

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

Another frame from the encounter I had with this very 'chill-out' guy which is a bit more 'fitting' for this months theme I think to my previous one.

Last Post By: Juan Tolentino Yesterday, 07:47 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics