• Featured Articles RSS Feed

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    • Most Recent Threads

John Mack

Royal Terns

Thread Starter: John Mack

Royal terns in pre-copulatory stand. I was photographing a sandwich tern right in front of me when i noticed these to terns right to my left. Fired off

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 12:27 PM Go to last post
      Allen Sparks

Black Swallowtail Butterfly, male

Thread Starter: Allen Sparks

Canon 7D2, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, 1.4x TC III, 430 EX II Speedlite
      ISO 400, f11, 1/250s, HH, fill flash

These guys hardly ever stay still

Last Post By: Allen Sparks Today, 12:19 PM Go to last post
      Jay Shah

Parenting.

Thread Starter: Jay Shah

Copper smith barbet feeding the baby. As we can now see the head of the baby, it will be fledging soon.

Image was cropped to reduce the negative

Last Post By: Jay Shah Today, 12:12 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Whitetail Buck in velvet

Whitetail buck beginning to grow into his antlers. It will be about august until they are fully grown. Image adjustments in Lightroom. Hand held, Cropped

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 12:09 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Fungus

This is some type of fungus i found growing on a super dead log. It has been pretty wet where i live recently, saw more of this growing the other day

Last Post By: Allen Sparks Today, 12:25 PM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

Guillemot 'Courtship'

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

I don't think she was too impressed with this bit of vegetation on offer, but it gave some amusing moments as the wind would blow it about, when dropped.

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea Today, 02:11 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Sanderling (breeding plumage)

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I captured this image last month at Ft. Desoto County Park in Pinellas County, Florida. I enjoy watching these birds as they chase the receding waves

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 12:15 PM Go to last post
      Tomasz Zawadzki

Bluethroat

Thread Starter: Tomasz Zawadzki

Taken with:
      Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
      EF600mm f/4L IS II USM +2x III
      ƒ/9.0
      1/1250
      ISO 1600

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 12:17 PM Go to last post
      Mike Singh

Black Headed Gull Help

Thread Starter: Mike Singh

I had a practice yesterday at BIF photography. My arms are aching!
      I adjusted my AF configuration settings to make the AF less twitchey and used

Last Post By: Mike Singh Today, 08:09 AM Go to last post
      sasan nejadi

little owl

Thread Starter: sasan nejadi

canon 5DMK4 - canon 600 F4 ii - 1/4000 - F4.5 - iso 400 - EXP (-2/3) - hand held in car .... hope like it

Last Post By: Mike Singh Today, 02:59 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Puffin

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 L IS II
      Auto ISO 1000 +0.67 1/2500 sec f7.1

Taken on the Farne Islands, all C&C welcome

Last Post By: John Whaley Today, 07:42 AM Go to last post
      Jay Shah

Darting to deliver

Thread Starter: Jay Shah

Summer is the breeding and nesting time for many birds native to Singapore. Blue tailed bee-eater is one of those birds. Two or three pairs of these birds

Last Post By: Mike Hitchen Today, 02:29 AM Go to last post
      Mitch Carucci

Wild Grape

Thread Starter: Mitch Carucci

New Leaf.

Focus stack (9 images)
      Tokina 100mm @ F8

Last Post By: Allen Sparks Today, 12:32 PM Go to last post
      Isaac Grant

Great Shearwater

Thread Starter: Isaac Grant

Here is a shot that shows just how tough and brutal nature can be. There was an extended offshore storm that coincided with the peak Shearwater migration.

Last Post By: John Whaley Today, 02:31 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Northern Rough-winged Swallow

Northern Rough-winged Swallow on a small mound of dirt next to its burrow. Image made in overcast morning light. Image adjustments in Lightroom. Hand

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Yesterday, 07:37 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics