• Featured Articles RSS Feed

by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.
      Published on 09-18-2012 10:19 PM
      Article Preview

I was walking along a narrow path next to Little Estero Lagoon while scouting for a Southwest Florida IPT. About 50 yards ahead of me there were two American Oystercatchers foraging. The only problem was that 35 yards ahead of me a photographer was lying on his belly photographing the pair of attractive birds. They were catching big worms and the light was lovely… What to do? The guy was on the wet sand was facing away and was not at all aware that I was there. If I called to him (to ask if I could join him) I risked scaring the birds away. So I stood there for 30 minutes and watched with a bit of envy. Finally I decided that I would join him by starting my crawl from way back so as not to flush the birds.
      I advanced slowly a few yards, remaining well outside of this species usual circle of fear. I slowly and carefully got down on one knee and the birds did not notice me, but as I lowered myself to the prone position, ...

Page 7 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    • Most Recent Threads

Frank Gruber

Question on Selection in PS

Thread Starter: Frank Gruber

I have a question on where to select the object when the part is out of focus and more or less merged with the background.
      Where should the outline

Last Post By: Frank Gruber Today, 11:42 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Ring-Billed Gull

Thread Starter: John Mack

Ring-billed silhouette. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Medium crop.

Canon 5D MarkIII
      Sigma 150-600

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 10:32 AM Go to last post
      annmpacheco

flippin fish...

Thread Starter: annmpacheco

This was taken from a blind with a set-up.... I didn't see this with my own eyes but always a terrific surprise when you look through your images a find

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 10:16 AM Go to last post
      haseeb badar

Joint Family !

Thread Starter: haseeb badar

Hello everyone ,

Here is a contribution to this months theme. I have been pretty busy of late but couldn't have missed posting for this months

Last Post By: haseeb badar Today, 11:45 AM Go to last post
      Tim Foltz

American Avocets

Thread Starter: Tim Foltz

1DMKIII • 500 mm • 1/1600 • f/5.6 • ISO 320 • handheld • manual

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 10:17 AM Go to last post
      Krishna Prasad kotti

Pied-billed

Thread Starter: Krishna Prasad kotti

This image of Pied-billed grebe was taken couple of weeks back at Farmington Bay, UT

Nikon D500, 500 f/4 +1.7x TCII
      ISO 800, f/7.1,

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 10:19 AM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Here Comes the Sun

Thread Starter: William Dickson

Canon 1DX
      f/4 500mm with 1.4
      f/7.1
      1/1250
      ISO 1000

I am beginning to find ways to get closer to these birds. If

Last Post By: annmpacheco Today, 08:35 AM Go to last post
      Allen Sparks

Preening Party

Thread Starter: Allen Sparks

Canon 7D, 400mm f4 DO IS, 1.4x TC III
      ISO 400, f16, 1/640s

Seen along Wildlife Drive at Ding Darling NWR. Critical focus is on birds

Last Post By: John Whaley Yesterday, 11:37 PM Go to last post
      Lorant Voros

The other sie of a flamingo

Thread Starter: Lorant Voros

A not usual view of this bird, I know. Normally we prefer eye contact, a good head and body angle, but I think this is an exception and this image is

Last Post By: annmpacheco Today, 08:29 AM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Great Black-backed Gull

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

From Sandy Hook last September.

D500, Sigma 150-600 @ 600mm; ISO 2000, 1/2500s @ f/7.1 manual.

Last Post By: John Mack Today, 10:19 AM Go to last post
      Geoffrey Montagu

African Starling

Thread Starter: Geoffrey Montagu

Just started the process of going through thousands of images from our recent Southern African trip. Still feeling the effects of jet lag. I captured

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Yesterday, 08:13 PM Go to last post
      John Whaley

Snowy Owl in flight

Thread Starter: John Whaley

Luckily for me I live near in area where a few of these beautiful birds decided to take up residence for the winter. I have been watching and capturing

Last Post By: Ian McLachlan Today, 05:37 AM Go to last post
      Andrew Merwin

Young Pronghorn

Thread Starter: Andrew Merwin

Canon 1d mark iv, iso 400, 1/400, 100-400@400, f5.6 Adjusted curves, shadows, highlights, sharpened. I would like to have had more shutter speed.

Last Post By: Rachel Hollander Today, 09:20 AM Go to last post
      Simon Davis

Mountain Hare Portrait

Thread Starter: Simon Davis

Just got back from a week in the Scottish Highlands. Being out in the snow and wind gives a real appreciation for what the wildlife has to put up with

Last Post By: Rachel Hollander Today, 09:09 AM Go to last post
      Mike Quigley

March (High Key) Juvenal Bald Eagle

Thread Starter: Mike Quigley

Shot this last year at L&D 14.
      5D IV, 100-400II, F/6.3, 1/1600, iso800.
      I shot this last year at Lock and dam 14 in LeClaire Iowa

Last Post By: John Whaley Yesterday, 01:17 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics