• Featured Articles RSS Feed

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    • Most Recent Threads

Krishna Prasad kotti

Common Terns

Thread Starter: Krishna Prasad kotti

Hi All,

This Common Tern image was taken at Nickerson Beach. This little fellow was shouting at everyone who came near to its nest and

Last Post By: Krishna Prasad kotti Today, 06:20 AM Go to last post
      Glenn Pure

Theme Danger lurks in the long grass

Thread Starter: Glenn Pure

I was very excited to have my second sighting of leopards, then watch this scene unfold. This female leopard had a 7 month old cub nearby

Last Post By: Mike Hitchen Today, 04:04 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Whitetail Fawn

Thread Starter: John Mack

Backlit whitetail fawn with some flowers in its mouth. Image adjustments in Lightroom. Hand held, full frame.

Canon 5D MarkIII
      Sigma

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 08:39 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Damselfly

Thread Starter: John Mack

Damselfly just beginning to be hit by the morning sun. Camera on sticks triggered with remote.

Canon 5D MarkIII
      Canon 180mm 3.5L Macro

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 08:27 PM Go to last post
      Steve Maxson

Gray Treefrog

Thread Starter: Steve Maxson

A Gray Treefrog hiding (not very successfully) in plain sight on an Ostrich Fern. Usually, they blend in much better than this. Canon 1DX II, 100mm macro.

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 08:24 PM Go to last post
      Rachel Hollander

Stare Down

Thread Starter: Rachel Hollander

I was happy to have this adult look up while foraging and in good light.

Canon 5D3
      100-400 II @ 400mm
      1/1500
      f5.6

Last Post By: keith mitchell Today, 07:20 AM Go to last post
      David Salem

"The Rush"

Thread Starter: David Salem

This is a pair of Western Grebes doing their synchronized dance on the water called "Rushing". They do this as a way to court and to streanghthen

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 04:06 AM Go to last post
      Randy Stout

Ruffled flap - common loon shaking it out

Thread Starter: Randy Stout

This common loon was imaged a month ago, doing a little feather maintenance . Unusual to get an eye open during the neck twist.

D810

Last Post By: Randy Stout Yesterday, 06:00 PM Go to last post
      Alex Becker

Puffin

Thread Starter: Alex Becker

Hi all,

Another puffin from Farne Islands on a cloudy am. In post, standard LR sliders for me, cloned out a green bit in the center top of

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Yesterday, 08:36 PM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Puffin

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Canon 1DX Canon 100-400 L IS II & 1.4TC III ISO 800 1/320 sec f8
      ACR + PSCC
      A different background this time but again another shot from

Last Post By: Randy Stout Yesterday, 06:06 PM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Gatekeeper Pyronia tythonus

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Tripod, Canon 1DX Canon 100-400L IS II &1.4TC III ISO 400 1/125 sec f8
      DPP & PSCC

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 08:20 PM Go to last post
      kevin Hice

Badlands Cedar Waxwing

Thread Starter: kevin Hice

Shot this Cedar Waxwings breeding ritual in the ND Badlands. Shot on dead sage brush. Processed Dpp4 photo shop levels sharpened unmask,patch and clone

Last Post By: Tim Foltz Yesterday, 11:20 PM Go to last post
      Gabriela Plesea

Yellow Mongoose

Thread Starter: Gabriela Plesea

Going back on memory lane once again, here is an image taken in the Kalahari in 2010. I did a lot of experimenting in those days, so when I look at those

Last Post By: keith mitchell Today, 03:24 AM Go to last post
      gail bisson

Phalarope in Purple

Thread Starter: gail bisson

Red-Necked Phalarope from Iceland. The water is purple from the reflection of the lupins on the water's edge.
      Canon 1 DX
      600mm
      ISO

Last Post By: Isaac Grant Yesterday, 10:22 PM Go to last post
      Mike Poole

Stretching the wings

Thread Starter: Mike Poole

Apologies to anyone who's had their fill of Puffins recently - but they're just so photogenic!

I was set up for the

Last Post By: Daniel Cadieux Yesterday, 07:44 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics