• Featured Articles RSS Feed

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    • Most Recent Threads

Andreas Liedmann

Brown Bear ....speeding

Thread Starter: Andreas Liedmann

Hi folks another Bear .....
      This Male Bear was on the move, to chase fish in the shallow parts of the Kuril Lake just where a river enter

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Today, 08:28 AM Go to last post
      Lorant Voros

The take off

Thread Starter: Lorant Voros

Flamingo take off at the Cienaga from an unusual viewing angle. I took it a few months ago flying above the Yucatan coast line. I hope you

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 07:00 AM Go to last post
      annmpacheco

preening pretty crested caracara

Thread Starter: annmpacheco

Taken in Texas, from a blind, along with Gail B., last May and those back to back 104 degree days. I'd tried a few things during processing and look

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 07:02 AM Go to last post
      Rachel Hollander

You Lookin' at Me?

Thread Starter: Rachel Hollander

This time we found the 10 week old cubs in much better light. Unfortunately, they weren't very playful instead choosing to nurse while mom just lay there.

Last Post By: Rachel Hollander Yesterday, 07:50 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Crab Spider

Thread Starter: John Mack

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 6/15/18 at 5:42AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Camera on sticks triggered

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 05:31 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Tremont River

This image was created in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on 8/2/18 at 5:49PM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Camera

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 05:23 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

White-tail Fawn

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 7/6/18 at 7:11PM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Full frame.

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Today, 08:41 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Great Blue Heron

This image was created at Montezuma National Wildlife refuge in Tyre, New York on 5/22/18 at 11:20AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 07:04 AM Go to last post
      Arthur Morris

On the Subject of Skimmers and Light ...

Thread Starter: Arthur Morris

Black Skimmer, adult lit by the last rays of the setting sun

This image was created on August 13, 2015 at Nickerson Beach, Long Island, NY

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 05:28 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Double-crested Cormorant

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

Out to Circle B Bar Reserve this morning. Typical for this time of year, not many birds. I did find this Cormorant that was fishing and surprised me

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 08:59 AM Go to last post
      Raybel Robles

White-Rumped Sandpiper

Thread Starter: Raybel Robles

D750
      300mm f2.8 w/ 2.0x TC (600mm)
      1/2000s
      f/8
      ISO 1000

Last Post By: Arthur Morris Today, 07:46 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Red backed shrike

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Taken from car window, Skukuza region Kruger Park,
      Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 L IS II + 2xTC III Auto ISO 800 (+2.0), 1/1000 sec f8
      ACR + PSCC

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 03:26 PM Go to last post
      Daniel Cadieux

Ruby-throated Hummingbird Family Portrait.

Thread Starter: Daniel Cadieux

A couple of weeks ago I posted the mother still fixing the nest, before any of the babies hatched. Here is a family portrait taken the day before the

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 03:27 PM Go to last post
      arash_hazeghi

semi-palmated plover

Thread Starter: arash_hazeghi

Another frame of the semi palmated plover from northern CA. the BG is the SF...a very windy day

Nikon D850 Nikon 600FL + TC-14EIII ISO 1250

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 03:28 PM Go to last post
      Isaac Grant

Black-bellied Whistling Duck

Thread Starter: Isaac Grant

Summer is the time when Black-bellied Whistling Ducks will wander from the souther states and head north. In recent years we have had quite a number of

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 03:30 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics