• Featured Articles RSS Feed

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    • Most Recent Threads

Marlo Casabar

DPP 4 Workflow

Thread Starter: Marlo Casabar

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been using Arash Hazeghi's and Arthur Morris' book "The Photographer's Guide to Canon Digital Photo

Last Post By: Marlo Casabar Today, 02:59 PM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

SEO

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

Another frame from the encounter I had with these guys. The RH eye (as view) was in heavy shade and so I have left it that way.

Steve

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 11:45 AM Go to last post
      Geoffrey Montagu

Northern Rough-winged Swallow

Thread Starter: Geoffrey Montagu

This image was captured the other day at a local lake. It was late afternoon and overcast. Several years ago at the same location I was lucky enough to

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 11:25 AM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Marsh Madness

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

More Great Egrets from Harns Marsh in February. (My apologies if I've used that title before.) This patch of marsh was crowded with Coots, Little Blue

Last Post By: Michael Thompson Today, 09:58 AM Go to last post
      Michael Thompson

Bufflehead 2.0

Thread Starter: Michael Thompson

Here is my second frame of the Bufflehead drake with better lighting. Lake Harriet Minneapolis MN Canon 7D ll 100-400ll 1.4x lll, 1/2500 ss 520 mm, f8,

Last Post By: Bill Dix Today, 08:42 AM Go to last post
      Rachel Hollander

Uinta Ground Squirrel

Thread Starter: Rachel Hollander

Another one from near the Moulton Barns in Grand Teton N.P., Wyoming. As I said in my prior posts of these guys, unfortunately they don't come out until

Last Post By: keith mitchell Today, 02:11 PM Go to last post
      keith mitchell

Theme Dropped it!

Thread Starter: keith mitchell

Red Squirrel.
      Nikon D4
      Nikon 3000mm 2.8
      iso 2000.

Not sure if I have posted this before if so sorry,cannot claim a lot

Last Post By: keith mitchell Today, 02:09 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Great Blue Heron with Armoured Catfish...

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 11:27 AM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

Yawning Lion

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

Following the theme of yawning lions, I though I would throw this one into the mix.

Steve

Subject: Lioness (Panthera

Last Post By: keith mitchell Today, 02:13 PM Go to last post
      Joe Subolefsky

Woodies playing in the water colors

Thread Starter: Joe Subolefsky

Spent about every free minute the last month in a blind after wood ducks starting to edit some of the pixs.
      Thanks for any input and CC. Canon

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 11:31 AM Go to last post
      Tim Foltz

Nesting Brandt's Cormorant with Chicks

Thread Starter: Tim Foltz

Canon IDMK III • 500 mm • 1/2000 • f/5 • ISO 400 • handheld • manual

from a few years ago while shooting pelicans down south.

Last Post By: Marina Scarr Today, 03:24 PM Go to last post
      Daniel Grossi

Male Wood Duck Profile

Thread Starter: Daniel Grossi

I think this is my favorite Wood Duck shot thus far. Light is far from perfect and the background is terribly busy. I'll get ya'll a better one

Last Post By: Glenn Conlan Yesterday, 07:32 PM Go to last post
      Isaac Grant

When is best time to crop?

Thread Starter: Isaac Grant

Wondering when people crop their images and why? Crop before you convert to TIFF and import into PS? or import full size shot into PS and then crop in

Last Post By: Rachel Hollander Today, 06:51 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Sandwich Tern

Thread Starter: John Mack

Sandwich Tern in early morning front light. Image adjustments in Lightroom.
      Full Frame, hand held.

Canon 5D MarkIII
      Sigma 150-600

Last Post By: Lorant Voros Yesterday, 05:42 PM Go to last post
      Alex Becker

White-tailed Deer

Thread Starter: Alex Becker

Hi all,

Here is a white-tailed deer frame from last August in NJ (so hopefully the greens are correct). Between work and weather I haven't

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 12:48 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics