• Featured Articles RSS Feed

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    • Most Recent Threads

Joseph Przybyla

Black-crowned Night Heron

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I captured this image along Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive in Apopka, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciate. Thank you for viewing.

Last Post By: Glenn Pure Today, 08:01 PM Go to last post
      Jay Ing

My Tern 2

Thread Starter: Jay Ing

From same days shoot as last tern. This one against a blue sky.

D500+Sigma 500+1.4TC, 1/3200, 5.6, HH.

Last Post By: Jay Ing Today, 12:14 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Spiny Orb Weaver Spider (Gasteracantha canciformis)

I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida, yesterday. I am posting it only to show a critter that viewers might not have

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 09:28 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Green Heron Taking Flight...

I captured these images at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida, this week. I saw the Green Heron fly up onto the perch and moved to be on the

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 07:24 AM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

Marabou stork

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

The great thing about photography is, not only does it allow you to see/photograph so many different species, but also travel and visit different habitats/environments

Last Post By: Glenn Pure Today, 08:10 PM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Bumble bee

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Tripod Canon 1DX Canon 180mm macro ISO 800 +0.3 1/100 sec f8
      All C&C welcome

Last Post By: Gemma Watson Today, 06:32 AM Go to last post
      Ákos Lumnitzer

David and Goliath

Thread Starter: Ákos Lumnitzer

Taken late July last year along the Parramatta River in Sydney, in a small muddy bay.
      The White-bellied Sea Eagle was being harassed by a number

Last Post By: Ákos Lumnitzer Today, 05:34 PM Go to last post
      Jay Shah

Beautiful bird with anger management issues !!

Thread Starter: Jay Shah

This beautiful bird was aggressively chasing away pigeons and common mynah much bigger than it's size. So I thought this would be appropriate image to

Last Post By: Glenn Pure Today, 06:31 AM Go to last post
      sasan nejadi

Collared Pratincole

Thread Starter: sasan nejadi

canon 5DMK4 - 600 F4 ii - extender 1.4 iii - 1/4000 - f 5.6 - iso 320 - exp (-2/3) processed with cc ....hope you like it

Last Post By: Glenn Pure Today, 06:26 AM Go to last post
      Glenn Pure

Something a bit different

Thread Starter: Glenn Pure

I hope I'm not being too bold here posting a somewhat different treatment - I'm relatively new to BPN and this forum. These White-fronted Terns

Last Post By: Glenn Pure Today, 09:51 PM Go to last post
      Glenn Pure

More cute

Thread Starter: Glenn Pure

I seem to be leaning on the cute factor again. These lions cubs were part of a pride that had made a kill the night before and were busy with that.

Last Post By: Glenn Pure Today, 09:10 PM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Red Grouse

Thread Starter: William Dickson

Canon 1DX
      f/4 500mm with 1.4
      f/5.6
      1/1600
      ISO 1250

Another visit to the Glen. This time I went early morning, which

Last Post By: Ákos Lumnitzer Today, 04:57 AM Go to last post
      Daniel Cadieux

Solitary Sandpiper with Solitary Loose Feather.

Thread Starter: Daniel Cadieux

Man, that feather was just barely hanging by a thread, turning and twisting in the wind. I was sure it was to fall off but evidently did not while I

Last Post By: Bill Dix Today, 08:56 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Green Heron In Flight

I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve just a couple minutes after my previous post of a Green Heron. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated.

Last Post By: Doug Brown Today, 09:27 PM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Watch Your Step

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

I know it's been said here that the only decent owl images are those with direct frontal eye contact. Still, I rather liked this Barred Owl taking a

Last Post By: Geoffrey Montagu Today, 07:17 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics