• Featured Articles RSS Feed

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    • Most Recent Threads

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Leopard again !

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Thanks all for your comments on my earlier posts. Here is a B&W conversion attempt from me from Jhalana forest, Rajasthan.
      5D IV
      300mm

Last Post By: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar Today, 10:22 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Juvenile Red-shouldered Hawk

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I captured this image earlier this year at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for

Last Post By: Bill Dix Today, 09:14 AM Go to last post
      haseeb badar

Moonlit Wildebeests !

Thread Starter: haseeb badar

Hello everyone, thank you for your comments and suggestions on my previous post, much appreciated.

Another image for this months theme .

Last Post By: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar Today, 08:36 AM Go to last post
      Daniel Cadieux

An Explosion of Autumn Colours.

Thread Starter: Daniel Cadieux

Male Wood Duck in fresh breeding plumage + crazy "painted" water reflecting fall tree colours = autumn scene at its' peak! The water was beautifully

Last Post By: Bill Dix Today, 09:04 AM Go to last post
      Jay Shah

Painting of the lionking

Thread Starter: Jay Shah

This image was made at dawn. As you can see from the spec, there was not enough light or contrast so camera was struggling to focus on the moving lion.

Last Post By: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar Today, 08:38 AM Go to last post
      Rachel Hollander

Elephant Calf

Thread Starter: Rachel Hollander

Another theme image of elephants. This one of the calf among the legs of the herd. The calf is close to the actual colors and then I darkened the legs

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 10:21 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Indian Head

Thread Starter: John Mack

This image was created atop Indian Head Mountain in Elka Park, New York on 10/13/18 at 3:21Pm. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 07:00 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Bull Elk

This image was created in Benezette, Pennsylvania on 10/5/18 at 5:36PM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Full Frame.

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 05:24 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Laughing Gull

This image was created at Fort De Soto on 4/20/17 at 6:16PM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Full frame.

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 08:17 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Maple Leaf

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 10/6/18 at 4:05PM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Camera on sticks triggered

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 05:34 PM Go to last post
      annmpacheco

"DRONE" alert

Thread Starter: annmpacheco

So Gail B. and I are hangin out with a family of burrowing owls, y'know enjoying life, every second! We all know the effort and the great satisfaction

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 08:06 AM Go to last post
      Giovanni Frescura

water

Thread Starter: Giovanni Frescura

Canon !dx II 500 f.5 is I
      iso 2000
      f.8
      1/5000

Last Post By: Giovanni Frescura Today, 07:55 AM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Splash into Autumn

Thread Starter: William Dickson

Canon 1DX
      f/4 500mm with 1.4
      f/8
      1/2500
      ISO 640

One from the weekend, whilst the grandchildren were feeding the ducks,

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 08:08 AM Go to last post
      Krishna Prasad kotti

The Innocent one

Thread Starter: Krishna Prasad kotti

I made this image of Golden-mantled Ground Squirrel in Colorado, San Juan National Forest.

He was curious so I was able to get down from

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 07:22 AM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Glaucous Gull

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

Captured off Svalbard on a dark and drizzly evening in May. Cropped from horizontal.

D500, Sigma 150-600C @ 460mm, ISO 3200, 1/2500s @ f/8

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 08:18 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics