• Featured Articles RSS Feed

by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.
      Published on 09-18-2012 10:19 PM
      Article Preview

I was walking along a narrow path next to Little Estero Lagoon while scouting for a Southwest Florida IPT. About 50 yards ahead of me there were two American Oystercatchers foraging. The only problem was that 35 yards ahead of me a photographer was lying on his belly photographing the pair of attractive birds. They were catching big worms and the light was lovely… What to do? The guy was on the wet sand was facing away and was not at all aware that I was there. If I called to him (to ask if I could join him) I risked scaring the birds away. So I stood there for 30 minutes and watched with a bit of envy. Finally I decided that I would join him by starting my crawl from way back so as not to flush the birds.
      I advanced slowly a few yards, remaining well outside of this species usual circle of fear. I slowly and carefully got down on one knee and the birds did not notice me, but as I lowered myself to the prone position, ...

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    • Most Recent Threads

dankearl

Sandhills..

Thread Starter: dankearl

image from Bosque last November.
      D500, 500pf, f5.6, 1.3200, iso360.
      2DS_5148bp.jpg

Last Post By: Aditya Sridhar Today, 07:16 PM Go to last post
      Ravi Hirekatur

Leafy Sedge

Thread Starter: Ravi Hirekatur

Considered a weed in the prairies, these are flowers. Has interesting structures inside the flowers.
      Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod
      f/16, 1/100,

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 03:56 PM Go to last post
      Aditya Sridhar

White-cheeked Tern

Thread Starter: Aditya Sridhar

This frame was shot a couple of days ago at a local marsh. I was trying to work Little Bitterns when I noticed these terns dive-bombing a shallow pool

Last Post By: Aditya Sridhar Today, 07:03 PM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Orange-crowned Warbler

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

One more warbler from 2017 files. OK, so the perch is too big for the bird, or vice versa. This was taken from a blind at Laguna Seca ranch, and presumably

Last Post By: Aditya Sridhar Today, 07:23 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

White-tail Doe

Thread Starter: John Mack

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 7/4/20 at 6:08AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 01:38 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Red-winged blackbird

This image was created at Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge in Tyre, New York on 5/3/20 at 6:48AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Last Post By: Aditya Sridhar Today, 07:29 PM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Large White (Pieris brassicae)

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Image captured in my back garden, hand held

Olympus : E-M1X
      Lens focal length : 300 mm
      Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 601.0mm

Last Post By: Ravi Hirekatur Today, 02:51 PM Go to last post
      Krishna Prasad kotti

Wilson's Phalarope

Thread Starter: Krishna Prasad kotti

This image was taken couple of weeks back in Antelope Island State Park.

Laying flat on shallow salt water, waiting for the birds to come

Last Post By: Aditya Sridhar Today, 07:26 PM Go to last post
      Krishna Prasad kotti

Dandelion

Thread Starter: Krishna Prasad kotti

I made this image in my Home. Simple Subject, I was doing my lawn and saw this image.

Since Dandelion is considered a weed, plucked, and

Last Post By: Ravi Hirekatur Today, 02:49 PM Go to last post
      arash_hazeghi

BCNH

Thread Starter: arash_hazeghi

Adult black crowned night heron

After the heated debate with Artie :D I decided to give the 2-6 a second chance, thinking my lens might

Last Post By: Aditya Sridhar Today, 07:27 PM Go to last post
      Colin Driscoll

Too ambitious?

Thread Starter: Colin Driscoll

Late cloudy afternoon. Darter.
      1DXIII 600f4 III 2x III 1200mm HH
      1/800 f11 iso2500 (auto) +0.7 ev
      Crop about 60% of original.

Last Post By: arash_hazeghi Today, 01:21 AM Go to last post
      dankearl

Tern with small fish.

Thread Starter: dankearl

Caspian Tern at Oregon Coast.
      D500, 700mm (500pf w/ 1.4), f8. 1/3200, iso900
      700ternbp.jpg

Last Post By: Robert Kimbrell Today, 03:53 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

European Skipper

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 7/5/20 at 7:05AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Camera on sticks triggered with

Last Post By: Ravi Hirekatur Today, 02:48 PM Go to last post
      Jay Ing

Skimmer on the Prowl

Thread Starter: Jay Ing

Another from Thursdays shoot. Had 1200 on and they came close.... what can one do?

A9ii 600 GM +TC 2.0, HH, AF: Zone C1P, PS,

Last Post By: Colin Driscoll Today, 12:05 AM Go to last post
      gail bisson

"Yummy, yummy,I got bugs in my tummy..." or Brunch "flicker style"

Thread Starter: gail bisson

When I saw this frame of the computer, the childhood song came into my mind immediately!
      Canon 1 dx 3, 600mm. Shot from car on beanbag
      ISO

Last Post By: Robert Kimbrell Today, 06:06 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics