• Featured Articles RSS Feed

by Published on 01-08-2012 06:48 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Reviews
      Article Preview

Sony Unveils New, High-Speed XQD™ Memory Cards

1Gbps for faster write speed and superb reliability create new possibilities for advanced shooters PARK RID ...
      by Published on 12-26-2011 09:44 AM
      Article Preview

Daniel Cadieux is an avian forum moderator here at BPN and is also a native of Canada’s beautiful National Capital, Ottawa, Ontario. He recently became engaged to his fiancé, Chantal, and plans to marry in 2012. He has two sons from a previous marriage, Jeremy (11), and Alexandre (9). He’s been serious about photography for the past six years but, as a young boy, he’d regularly borrow his father’s Minolta SLR with its 80-200mm lens to photograph birds and finish off the roll of film that his father had started. He was very proud of those photos then but, looking back now, has to chuckle. The seed for his future obsession was definitely planted back then!

To see more of Daniel’s beautiful photographs you can visit him at his website, DanCadPhotography, check out his albums here at BPN, or look him up on Facebook where he frequently shows off his latest images.

Now let’s get to know a little more about Daniel, BPN’s “Super Moderator”!
      by Published on 11-15-2011 12:40 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. Announcements

I'm happy to announce some recent changes to BPN's Forum Guidelines, Member Benefits and Staff.
      First, the changes made to our Forum Guidelines.

#10 Administrators and Moderators are entrusted with the ability and responsibility of removing objectionable and/or off topic posts. A warning may be sent to the offending party or parties involved. If the rule violations are severe, or if they continue after a warning, a user's privileges to access BPN can be terminated without notice.

#13Private Messaging is for personal use only - using it as a mass-marketing tool is forbidden. All forum rules apply to Private Messaging including but not limited to- not harassing, agitating, showing hostility towards or being persistently unpleasant or argumentative to another user or Staff Member.

#15 Members nor Users will be permitted to restrict or inhibit any other member or user from using and enjoying the forum by harassing, intentionally agitating, showing hostility towards or being persistently unpleasant or argumentative. If BPN Administrators or Moderators determine that a user has violated this rule, a warning may be sent to the offending party. If the violations are severe, or if they continue after a warning, a user's privileges to access BPN can and will be terminated without notice.

#16 If asked by a BPN Administrator or forum Moderator to cease posting content deemed offensive, objectionable, off topic, or in poor taste by said Administrator forum Moderator, you must agree to do so.

#18 Images should not exceed 250 kilobytes nor should they exceed 1024 pixels on the horizontal side or 800 pixels on the vertical side.

Red:Text
      Added
      Green: Text Removed

In addition to clarifying our guidelines we have added two new forum features.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    • Most Recent Threads

dankearl

Nuthatch on Ponderosa

Thread Starter: dankearl

Another white breasted Nuthatch on the iconic Ponderosa Pine bark
      in Central Oregon Cascades.
      I was really happy to get one at eye level in

Last Post By: dankearl Today, 04:24 PM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Common Snipe

Thread Starter: William Dickson

Canon 1DX Mk2
      f/4 400mm DO Mk2 with 1.4iii
      f/10
      1/200
      ISO 2500

A couple of days ago I had another trip to the 'Red

Last Post By: dankearl Today, 04:19 PM Go to last post
      Mitch Carucci

Red, white and blue winged black bird

Thread Starter: Mitch Carucci

yearly repost...

Happy 4th!

Last Post By: Mitch Carucci Today, 12:01 PM Go to last post
      Geoffrey Montagu

Brown Thrasher

Thread Starter: Geoffrey Montagu

Captured this image a couple of days ago at a local grassland preserve. Most of the trails are line with tress, bushes, and in this location a leafy vine

Last Post By: David Roach Today, 02:46 PM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

White-backed vulture

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

Just as a comparison, here is a White-backed vulture. These guys were hanging around close by the scavenger hide in the hope one of the Tawny eagles would

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 03:40 PM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Black Vulture

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

My previous post was a Turkey Vulture, this is the other vulture found in Florida the Black Vulture. This image was captured at Three Lakes Wildlife

Last Post By: David Roach Today, 02:38 PM Go to last post
      Jay Ing

Black Skimmer - The Approach

Thread Starter: Jay Ing

Well, day one out with my new lens. Much to learn about both lens and camera. But hey, think this is my best skimmer shot yet. BKG

Last Post By: dankearl Today, 04:20 PM Go to last post
      Brian Sump

Baby Week - Day 3 - Mini Mallard

Thread Starter: Brian Sump

Well, I was going to post a couple more babies this week but I'll stop here. Just a simple Mallard chick but I get good vibes when I look

Last Post By: William Dickson Today, 03:46 PM Go to last post
      David Roach

My friend, cropped close... Just a test for RF glass...

Thread Starter: David Roach

EOS R RF 70-200 @200 f2.8 1/3200 ISO 320 HH, Manual EXP, ~25% of FF

I have been noticing how crops with this glass hold up much better than

Last Post By: David Roach Today, 03:12 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

White-tail buck

Thread Starter: John Mack

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 6/19/20 at 7:36PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 05:01 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

Black eyed susan

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 6/21/20 at 7:11AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Camera on sticks triggered with

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 08:08 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Red-winged blackbird

This image was created at Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge in Tyre, New York on 5/10/20 at 6:43AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Last Post By: Daniel Cadieux Today, 06:52 AM Go to last post
      dankearl

White-breasted Nuthatch

Thread Starter: dankearl

Central Oregon.
      D500, 500pf, f5.6, 1/1000, iso2500

nuthatch2bp2.jpg

Last Post By: Daniel Cadieux Today, 06:56 AM Go to last post
      Dorian Anderson

Final Red-necked Phalarope

Thread Starter: Dorian Anderson

You didn't think you were gonna get out of this series without a headshot, did you? It's not perfect on the sharpness front, but this is a species which

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 08:15 AM Go to last post
      Ivan Sjogren

Great Snipe display

Thread Starter: Ivan Sjogren

Don't know how familiar most of you are with this species but it is one of my absolute favorites! This shorebird migrates to central Africa during the

Last Post By: Daniel Cadieux Today, 07:07 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics