• Featured Articles RSS Feed

by Published on 10-17-2012 11:00 PM
      Article Preview

Canon U.S.A. Expands The EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera Autofocus Capabilities With New Firmware Update

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., October 17, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced a new firmware update in response to user requests which further enhances the capabilities of Canon's flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. The EOS-1D X will now be capable of AF point illumination during AI Servo AF and cross-type AF for maximum apertures as small as f/8. The new firmware update is available now at no charge from the Canon U.S.A. website and can be downloaded by end users or through Canon Factory Service Centers.
      AF Point Illumination During AI Servo AF
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.
      Published on 09-18-2012 10:19 PM
      Article Preview

I was walking along a narrow path next to Little Estero Lagoon while scouting for a Southwest Florida IPT. About 50 yards ahead of me there were two American Oystercatchers foraging. The only problem was that 35 yards ahead of me a photographer was lying on his belly photographing the pair of attractive birds. They were catching big worms and the light was lovely… What to do? The guy was on the wet sand was facing away and was not at all aware that I was there. If I called to him (to ask if I could join him) I risked scaring the birds away. So I stood there for 30 minutes and watched with a bit of envy. Finally I decided that I would join him by starting my crawl from way back so as not to flush the birds.
      I advanced slowly a few yards, remaining well outside of this species usual circle of fear. I slowly and carefully got down on one knee and the birds did not notice me, but as I lowered myself to the prone position, ...

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    • Most Recent Threads

Jonathan Ashton

Common crane

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Image captured a Marin Mere WWT, no blues in the legs Andreas! I guess you will find the vegetation a little on the blue side?

OM-1 OLYMPUS

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 02:43 PM Go to last post
      Brian Sump

ALERT

Thread Starter: Brian Sump

Spring is my favorite time of year, in part because of the migratory birds arriving and in mating season.

This frame was from

Last Post By: Gerald Kelberg Today, 02:24 PM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

White Stork II

Thread Starter: Andreas Liedmann

Hi folks ...
      luckily the Storks decided to start building the nest on that tree , good news for me and the population of White Storks in our area

Last Post By: Gerald Kelberg Today, 02:21 PM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Miner bee sp

Hand held, bracketing was not an option - too windy and the bee was wandering about.

OM-1 60mm macro & KR Diffuser
      ISO 200 1/20sec

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Yesterday, 09:40 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Moorhen (Gallinula chloropus0

Hand held capture

OM-1 OM 150-400mm F4.5 TC
      Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 812.0mm
      Exposure mode : Manual exposure

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 02:33 PM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Black tailed godwit (Limosa limosa)

Image captured from a hide at WWT Martin mere

OM-1 150-400TC (1000mm equiv 35mm full frame)
      Manual mode, ISO 1600, 1/2500 sec, f5.6

Last Post By: Brian Sump Yesterday, 10:56 AM Go to last post
      Ian McLachlan

Another Peregrine

Thread Starter: Ian McLachlan

A1- 200/600 at 600mm - 1/2500th - f6.3 - iso 5000- hh. I liked the fact that at 6.3 it was sharp right through to those lethal claws.

Last Post By: Brian Sump Yesterday, 10:59 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics