View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. James Shadle and Roman Kurywczak Present an Unique Workshop Experence! 02/26/2011

Join award winning photographers James Shadle and Roman Kurywczak (aka The Odd Couple) as they team up to offer you a truly unique photographic workshop experience!

On February 26, 2011 James and Roman will present this exciting one day workshop in Tampa, Florida.
    The day will be divided into 3 individual modules or mini-workshops.

Workshop Module 1: The first workshop of the day is a hands on macro class which ...

Updated 02-22-2011 at 01:56 AM by James Shadle

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Reflectors

The difference between a good or bad image often depends on the lighting. Poor lighting or insufficient lighting can affect the overall appeal of the final image. There are many techniques that are used by photographers to utilize the light to their advantage; One of the most versatile, inexpensive and convenient ways is with the use of light reflectors. Reflectors do exactly what they say they do, they reflect light. They are most often used to add light to shadowed areas, add a catch light ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images

3. You can do it - Stacked Converters

Quote Originally Posted by James Shadle View Post
    You can do it - Stacked Converters.
    I tried this just for the heck of it and I was blown away.

Nikon D700, Sigma 300-800mm @ 800mm.
    Kenko Pro 300 DG 2x stacked with a Kenko Pro 300 DG 1.4X = 2240mm

ISO 800 1/320 @ F20, No VR -IS -VC -OS, just proper long lens technique.
    Name:  _JAS4552.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  176.2 KB
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Lowepro Pro Roller x200

[SIZE=2][COLOR=teal]Approximately one year ago I was planning a trip down to Florida to visit Artur Morris for a week of shooting. He very kindly offered to send me a Lowepro Pro Roller bag x200. He said when he sent it that maybe I could do a product review on it. I have now used that bag for a year and feel that I can give an honest review of the bag and comment on it’s functionality and durability. I would recommend the Lowepro Pro Roller x200 bag to anyone with similar gear that travels ...

Updated 01-24-2011 at 11:11 PM by denise ippolito

Categories
    Uncategorized

5. Sensor Cleaning

I used to take my camera bodies to Canon for sensor cleaning. At one time, the service was free!! The last time I went they wanted to charge me $50.00 per camera body. YIKES! I said “No thanks.” I waited until I went out photographing with Arthur Morris again and asked if he would clean them (again). He did with detailed instructions so I paid close attention. He does this regularly for the participants on his IPTs (Instructional Photo Tours). Artie had given me a [URL="https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=51"]Sensor ...

Updated 01-10-2011 at 09:24 AM by denise ippolito

Categories
    Uncategorized

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Web Analytics