View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. New blog posts

Since I have added a blog to my website all the latest posts and info are available at http://www.tonywhitehead.com/wildlight/blog/ with new posts added weekly.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Tiritiringi Matangi

Had a great trip out to Tiri last week. Unsettled spring weather paused for the day giving us some lovely weather. Plenty of flowering Flax, Kanuka and Cabbage trees had the Tuis and Bellbirds busy so there was little action around the nectar feeders apart from the one at the visitor centre. Saw plenty of Saddleback, Stitchbirds, Whiteheads, Red-crowned Kakariki and a couple of co-operative Robins. Saw a Fernbird briefly at very close quarters but no photo op as scurrying in the undergrowth like ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Spring in NZ

Spring is definitely making it's presence felt in the Southern hemisphere. The Tuis haven't been quite as co-operative as last year with the cherry blossoms and the recent winds and rain have knocked them about a bit. Looking forward to the Kowhai blooming so I can spend some mornings sitting on the roof of my home amongst the birds:D
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Web Analytics