PDA

View Full Version : Tiger on Tree

Harshad Barve
06-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Dear All

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2157/tiger91.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/tiger91.jpg/)

Photographed in TATR with D3, 200-400/F4 at 310/F4 , ISO 800 , 1/320 HH
As usual all comments are most welcome
Harshad

Gregor Bergquist
06-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Beautiful as always from you. Nice pawn. I like the colors, just enough saturation.

dankearl
06-23-2012, 06:51 PM
The Tiger looks terrific. I would like to see a tighter crop if the IQ holds up, eliminating the OOF tree on the left.

laurie golden
06-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Harshad,

I love the curious cub but do agree that a crop of the out of focus tree might improve the photo.

Tom Graham
06-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Sorry, but again the illusion of the branch going through the tiger and it having no left leg bothers me a lot.
Since no one else seems to be seeing this here, and in your other recent tiger posting, this is the last time I will mention such. I'll just assume my brain works in strange ways :S3: .
Regards and keep up your excellent work - Tom

Steve Kaluski
06-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Hi Harshad, what a difference in two images, the detail, clarity and processing looks far better in this one, irrespective of light and the subject almost has the feel of a flash, but I know this was not used, they are poles apart.

I do find the composition rather awkward and as Tom mentioned, the branch going through the body is not ideal IMHO, although we all know what is happening in the scene. Also in an ideal world, the OOF tree on the LHS didn't taper as I personally find it a fraction dominating, but that's just me :S3: I thought of rotating the image, then cropping to help this, however then you find the subject at the wrong angle. If you have it, it would be nice to see some frames after this which hopefully would exclude the branch and the one intersecting the Tiger? Interesting to see a Tiger in the trees.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
06-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Harshad - great eye contact and IQ. The branch on the rhs doesn't bother me because you can see the bottom of the paw below the chin but I too feel the tree on the lhs is a bit too dominant. You certainly got some different opportunities this season. Keep 'em coming.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
06-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi Harshad,
like the image as presented.Will not jump on different opinions about different branches distracting!!!
IQ and processing a lot better than last post..

Cheers Andreas

Ken Watkins
06-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Harshad,

Nice sighting, I would definitely consider cropping out as much of possible of the tree trunk. The rest looks perfectly OK to me:cheers: