PDA

View Full Version : Booted Eagle

Richard Unsworth
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi

This is Europe's smallest Eagle, and this is the first one I saw in Portugal.
It was being mobbed by the crows. I discovered later that there were a pair and they had nested in a large tree.
Location is Sao Vicente de Paul which NE of Santarem in the Ribatejo (above the Tejo River) in Central Portugal.I

think I am one of a few who ever ventured into this area, like a timewarp. Stayed in an old, converted Olive Oil Mill
countryside pretty much deserted, just the cattle. Wonderful wild flowers and Cork Forest, and of course an awaful lot of olive trees lol

Was alweays going to be a fairly large crop - I just dont have the fire power to match my enthusiasm:t3

Anyway I think its not too bad and may be a first BPN post of this species.

1/2000 Ev +1.66 ISO 800 f 5.6 HH
7D 100-400

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jack williamson
06-22-2012, 04:42 PM
The large crop has hurt but it does show how aggravating crows can be to birds of prey, also shows the size difference. I know what you mean about not enough fire power.

Jack

Doug Brown
06-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Like the story and the interaction between birds. However image quality is not up to your usual standards. The birds are underexposed and there are large halos around all 3 birds.

Richard Unsworth
06-23-2012, 10:29 AM
I totally agree Doug too much of a shot for me -...... one day lol
thanks anyways :-)

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">