PDA

View Full Version : Six-spot burnet

Carel v/d Sanden
06-22-2012, 07:57 AM
A beautiful day active moth, only this year I see very little.
The weather is very changeable in the Netherlands and the temperature is quite low.
This was one of the two that I've found this year.
Full frame photo, a small piece of leaf removed at the bottom.
have doubts about removing the lower leaves, but decided not to do.
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Shooting Date/Time 20-6-2012 20:09
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/50
Av( Aperture Value ) 10.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
White Balance Mode Cloudy
AF Mode One-Shot AF

Bewerkingen ongedaan maken

Jonathan Ashton
06-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Excellent exposure and detail, I also like the setting. I may be tempted to take a little off the right hand side - there is a lot of empty space there.
I have been looking for these myself - so far haven't seen one and for what it's worth to date I have seen only 3 common blues and 2 meadow brown butterflies and these are amongst the most common species in this part of UK. This year has been lousy for butterflies, not surprising really because the last three years have also been poor. I hope there is a decent dry spell coming up soon otherwise I think there will be local loss of species in my area.

PhilCook
06-23-2012, 03:28 AM
Stunning colors and I do like the composition with the rather nice flower head as well. Very smooth background and the fine detail, especially the scales on the wing are wonderful

John Storjohann
06-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Wonderful color...composition...sharpness; Jonathon offers a good suggestion, i.e., a slight crop from the RHS. Well done!

OvidiuCavasdan
06-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Colors and details are really nice and the BG is great! Well done.

Steve Maxson
06-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi Carel. Excellent colors and sharpness on the moth along with even lighting and a clean background! I could see taking a little off the right, but this also works well as presented. Very well done! :cheers: