PDA

View Full Version : Question for Artie and Robert O'Toole (ABP2 and APTATS)

Ben Page
04-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi Artie and Robert,

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Are there any plans to make The Art of Bird Photography II and APTATS available to download rather than on CD only? I ask as I would really like to purchase them but don't want the CO2 cost of shipping them over here to the UK.

Robert O'Toole
04-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi Artie and Robert,

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Are there any plans to make The Art of Bird Photography II and APTATS available to download rather than on CD only? I ask as I would really like to purchase them but don't want the CO2 cost of shipping them over here to the UK.

Sorry for the slow response I somehow missed this thread until now.

I am not aware of this question coming up before.Birds As Art doesnt have an e-commerce site with download capabilities so we can not offer this now.

The APTATS CD is $23 to addresses in the US, $24 for an address in Florida (includes FL tax), $26 for Canada, and $28 for overseas addresses. So the shipping cost to the UK is an additonal $5.

I dont think there is any problem sending the APTATS files as attachments to an email or using a file delivery service such as dropsend. Let me speak with Birds As Art to see what we can come up with in regards to the email delivery, payment and pricing.

Thank you for your interest.

Robert

Ben Page
04-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Many thanks for the info Robert.

Johnny Bravo
04-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Downloads could benefit both your customers and you. I'm CFO at a software developer so let me splain.

Using CA for example. A sale of software into CA which is not accompanied by any physical object (no disk) is a sales/use taxable transaction. A download is not sales/use taxable. (Sales/use tax law in CA and many other states does not cover intangibles-only sales of physical things. So selling software on a disk is taxable, selling it over a connection is not).

Robert O'Toole
04-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks JB. Good info.

Robert

Greg Forcey
04-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Sorry for the slow response I somehow missed this thread until now.

I am not aware of this question coming up before.Birds As Art doesnt have an e-commerce site with download capabilities so we can not offer this now.

Robert

You may be able to set something up through paypal. I've bought things through paypal and after purchasing, I received a link to download the item. This might be an easy solution as to integrating e-commerce with BAA.