PDA

View Full Version : bubbles in a waterpond

Valerio Tarone
06-20-2012, 01:23 PM
bubbles in a pond reated by a fountain. f6,3 1/40 ISO200 Nikkor 60mm WB:sunny aperture met.

only to be considered as endeavour of creativity. I fad searching for a diagonal line, thre's, not too marked.

in PP.: cropped 10% the upper part because OOF. sharpening in NC.usm 60-4-1 some S in curves of brightness.

C&Commentents welcomed .

Jonathan Ashton
06-21-2012, 09:55 AM
I can appreciate why you took the image but I cannot decide on any particular part that is of especial interest. The larger bubbles almost form an interesting curve but don't quite make it. I would think the colours were quite intense at the scene but would suggest perhaps the yellow element is a little too saturated.

Steve Maxson
06-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi Valerio. I like what you are trying to do here as all those bubbles make for many different cool photo opportunities. I would tend to agree with Jonathan's comments. Comp is always somewhat subjective - for my tastes, I think the image would be stronger if less was included in the frame. The dark bits of debris along the top and left are not adding to the image, IMO. I think a strong image could be made, for example, if you moved in tighter to make the 5 largest bubbles near the center of the frame the main focal points of the image. I would also wish to see more DOF - you might have increased ISO to 400 which would give you another f/stop of DOF. Just some things to consider the next time you are in the field. :S3:

Valerio Tarone
06-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Yes, Steve, I apppreciate. I'll probably return to that location and I could make a tighter composition. The debris: I can't take them off! You probably agree a marked diagonal line sahould be strong, these things are manipublle by hand!