PDA

View Full Version : Barn Owl

Richard Unsworth
06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Here seen resting while hunting

I was excited to see this as its been a few years since I saw one.
Unfortunately couldnt get a better shot and she flew off as some dog walkers approached.
Tried to get a nice summer/enviro feel to it

Light NR , little curves adj and smart sharpen, about 50 crop

7D 100-400 @ 400 HH 1/1000 ISO 400 f5.6

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jack williamson
06-20-2012, 10:50 AM
The owl looks excellent as does the FG. The BG looks shimmery ( if that is a word).

Jack

Richard Unsworth
06-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi Jack
shimmery is a nice word, and I do know what you mean, sharped bg and shouldnt
anyways put up different version, is that one better?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Richard Unsworth
06-20-2012, 11:31 AM
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">OK lets try again

given BG more NR, sharped bird only<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Satish Ranadive
06-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Excellent image of Owl in natural environment.I like the original post since it has got nice contrast ( dark bg as well as and FG). Love the pose of Owl and lights.

jack williamson
06-20-2012, 11:53 AM
The BG looks better in the repost but the rest looks better in the original.

Jack

Richard Unsworth
06-20-2012, 12:04 PM
OK chaps thanks

post processing is such fun :t3
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Grace Scalzo
06-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Definately an image worth working on. Terrific habitat, love the eye contact, and of course, a wonderful species. I keep thinking that a bit off the top and left (as viewed) might be a stronger composition.

Richard Unsworth
06-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks Grace I will have a look at that
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Rachel Hollander
06-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Richard - I agree with Grace on all counts. Well worth it too!

TFS,
Rachel

Ofer Levy
06-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Repost looks much better to me. Maybe some more selective sharpening on the bird.

PhilCook
06-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Cant remember the last time I seen one of these in daylight hours, nice natural rural setting and good eye contact with the camera

Richard Unsworth
06-21-2012, 01:57 AM
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">Heres a recrop and reprocess

commernts please, took a bit of left too to recompose wanted the impact 1/3 on the birds centre

comments welcome; applied a liitle more NR to BG and SS to bird<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher galeski
06-21-2012, 02:04 AM
nice habitat shot,like the first post the best.

Richard Unsworth
06-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Thanks Christopher

hope I can catch her again when it stops raining

Arthur Morris
06-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Lucky man. I far prefer the original post for its image design and the darker, richer tones. All the reposts are too light for me.

Richard Unsworth
06-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Thanks for that Arthur :-)