PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Bud

John Storjohann
06-19-2012, 09:04 PM
This caught my eye the other morning; 180mm lens with 1.4x tc attached; f/16@1/40. RAW image processed in LR; curve adjustment for tone and color, slight vignette applied at the corners, NIK tonal contrast on a low opacity layer. ISO 800; subtle noise reduction applied.

Jonathan Ashton
06-20-2012, 04:43 AM
I like the bud very much, I think on reflection I would desaturate the background, the drker background works but the colour seems a little intense to me, somethng I have a problem with also - as mentioned in a previous post.
A very minor point but looking carefully at the tip of the bud I can spot a sharpening/noise reduction halo and to a lesser extent further down the edge of the bud.

John Storjohann
06-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Repost takes into account comments made...Jonathan, not sure what you meant by "as mentioned in previous post."

Jonathan Ashton
06-20-2012, 12:00 PM
John, I made a reference to background colours in the past, i don't think it was one of your images. I attach a version for your consideration, I desaturated and brightened the background.. It may be the opposite of what you wanted... but you may like it. If you don't let me know:S3:

John Storjohann
06-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Hi Jonathon; sorry it took so long to get back to you...busy week! I see where you were going with the image; not quite the vision I had, but it gave me some food for thought...the repost is the result. Thanks for your comments and views.

Steve Maxson
06-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi John. Beautiful details on the bud and sharpest where it most needs to be! The reposts show how much difference a subtle change can make. Each has its merits depending on the mood you wish to convey. Very well done!