PDA

View Full Version : Dew Drops file 7087

Steve Bein
04-17-2008, 01:15 PM
I have too many dew drop images to just post, so I am putting in the file number so I can keep track of them.
Another one modified several ways and those versions be posted in OTB. This was cropped for composition. Hope you like it. This is a small file, but I hope it comes across well.
100mm
1/90 sec, f/8
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: -2
ISO: 400
Flash: Off

Steve Bein
04-17-2008, 01:35 PM
OOPS, I posted the smaller version instead of this, so here is the larger and I hope, better image.

John Cooper
04-17-2008, 09:32 PM
You certainly have some great dew-drop images Steve, and I particularly like this composition.
The selective focus works well here isolating the area of interest. Good BG.

Robert O'Toole
04-18-2008, 08:41 AM
This image is really very very good. Excellent use of DOF and the poppy details in the water drops are superb.

One thing that would really help this image is to crop some off the right edge, it does not add anything to the image and if you did crop some off it would place the top dew drop really close to the ROT. And this would get rid of that OOF highlight as a second benefit.
Also as a more minor point, you could run NR on the BG to eliminate some minor noise.

Robert

Steve Bein
04-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Robert,
Look at the Out of th Box and see how the OOF parts actually work with this image. I have cropped as suggested and did a different color application. It is amazing how much one can do with one single image.
How would you do Noise Reduction on the background without affecting the foreground?
Thanks,
Steve

Robert O'Toole
04-18-2008, 05:11 PM
I really like the series. Thanks for sharing these.

For the NR I use a Quick Mask or a layer mask to apply the NR to only the BG. Adding the NR to the subject will effect the details. As with most tools/techniques the application method can be just as importnat or more important than the actual techniqe itself. I apply NR selectively to avoid all of the downsides and artifacts.

Robert