View Full Version : Big Foot is real!

Richard Unsworth
06-19-2012, 08:10 AM
See I can prove it!

Moorhen chick captured today at my local Wetland Centre

cute cute cute

very slight NR bit of curves and crop about 25 off

Lie flat on stomach, 7D 100-400 @ 320 ISO 400 1/2000 f 5.6
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Karl Egressy
06-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Excellent find and beautiful capture. The only thing I wish for; to not have the dark in the background above the bird.
Obviously it was a given.

Richard Unsworth
06-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks Karl

yes it is actually shadows on the path
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Satish Ranadive
06-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Magnificent image.Loved the cute one with great details.

Daniel Cadieux
06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Love the red bill providing a dab of colour among the blacks and grays! Nice pose with a perfect HA. Good to go down low too! I agree about the black shadow above, and wish the far leg wasn't so dark. Very cute!

Richard Unsworth
06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks all

Daniel - heres a question for you if you dont mind.
When I upload to BPN I always notice a significant darkening of the jpegs; happens with all my posts. Since this is not likely to be a problem at that end any ideas?
My monitor is perfectly calibrated on grayscale/brightness and I am pretty sure all my color space settings are correct, and since members all see the darkened image, what else can I look for?

repost has image brightened with curve adjustment
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jack williamson
06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Look! There is a bird on top of those feet! This is a real cool image, love the color of the bill and the repost looks a little better.

Jack

christopher galeski
06-20-2012, 03:26 AM
very nice image,agree with Daniel's critic.

Robert Holguin
06-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Great shot. I really like the walking pose, excellent detail, and those are some big feet at such a young age.
Well done.

Arthur Morris
06-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Repost surely better tonality-wise. Had you been sitting you would have avoided the merge of the head with the dark BKGR....