PDA

View Full Version : Motherly Love

PhilCook
06-17-2012, 09:27 PM
An embarrassing moment for a teenage Kangaroo, caught in the spotlight while Mum plants a a kiss on him...or not:2eyes2:

A pair of Eastern Grey Kangaroos captured in a sunbeam in the late afternoon on the banks of the River Murray in Sth Australias Riverland region.

Nikon D300 + Tokina AT-X 300mm f2.8 + 1.4 x Kenko Pro 300 TC....420mm, f5.6, 1/500, ISO400, -0.3EV, no flash, pattern metering, slight crop

Andreas Liedmann
06-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi Phil,
image with lovely light and very cute main subjects.Looks like the roos are sitting in a big spotlight that came through a dark sky,if there would not be the lightened BKG.If the BKG would not be lightened,it would be more than perfect for me.!!But it is working as shown.

I think a slight curve adjustment can help bringing out more contrast on the roos (in the mid tones).A bit more of clarity,can maybe help the image to a higher level. WDYT?

Cheers Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
06-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Love the interaction here Phil, especially the young one! :bg3:
The fall of light really pushes this to another level. Andreas has made a good suggestion about raising midtone contrast.
There's a cyan tinge on the bush to the immediate left behind mum...is that the natural colour of this foliage?

PhilCook
06-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Thankyou, I'll dabble with th4e image a bit more and try and an adjustment with midtones as suggested. The cyan tinge on the bush is normal I think, it's where there is deeper shadow from the parent Roo and known as a plant called " Bluebush "

RakeshDhareshwar
06-19-2012, 06:24 AM
Lovely interaction you managed , Phil !!! the position of the roos and the lovely gradation in the BG takes it over the top !!!

Rachel Hollander
06-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Phil - nice to see roos and the interaction. Good suggestions by Andreas.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
06-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Hi Phil, an interesting image and would also run with some more mid tone too and perhaps some sharpening to bring out more detail/clarity.

With the RH Roo leaning back, cropping more of the RHS does give it more emphasis IMHO.

TFS
steve