PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Lotus

John Storjohann
06-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Spent part of the morning yesterday shooting Lotus at the local Botanical Garden with Jay; ISO of 800, f/16@1/100, 180mm macro with 1.4x teleconverter attached. RAW image processed in LR; noise reduction in PS using Noiseware, slight curve for tone and color.

Bob Miller
06-17-2012, 11:31 AM
John...This is a really cool image I like alot for its colors and flowing composition. Sort of alien!

PhilCook
06-18-2012, 03:01 AM
Beautiful, I do like your take on this, rather than the whole flower just a good selection of the more interesting aspects. Bright, but not blown, a cheery, feel good image and enjoy the composition with the eye being led from the outer most petals to the pollen rich centre of the flower...makes me feel like a bee hehehe

Norm Dulak
06-18-2012, 07:30 AM
This is a very pleasing subject and composition. I'd prefer to see the ends of the petals on the right, but this is quite nice as is. The contrasting colors, textures and shapes are very interesting.

Steve Maxson
06-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi John. Very nice job with the colors, light, and overall sharpness. I also like the "atypical" comp with everything radiating out from the ULC. Very well seen and photographed!