PDA

View Full Version : Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miami, Florida - INFRARED!

Ron Bernstein
06-16-2012, 09:43 PM
This is the marvelous Vizcaya, captured today with a Fuji IS Pro and Nikon 28 mm 3.5 manual focus lens with a B + W red filter.
Gitzo tripod; RRS 40 head.
Processed in CS 6 with NIK Silver Efex Pro II.
C and C welcomed!

Nick Palmieri
06-17-2012, 08:34 PM
I love the IR, nice job PP. I am thinking the composition may be a bit busy but I also think it fits the "golden mean" almost perfectly...Nice job overall. TFS.

Morkel Erasmus
06-19-2012, 03:53 AM
nice job with the IR processing, Ron
I more often than not apply a red filter to add punch to the sky in my conversions

I like the composition, but wish the branch at the top was a little higher, giving more separation between it and the museum roof.

Roman Kurywczak
06-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Hey Ron,
Nicely composed and VG IR conversion. I might lighten the FG pond and stonework a bit to give it some more impact and balance....but a small tweak to a very nicely composed image!

Ron Bernstein
06-19-2012, 11:28 PM
I rethought this image in light of the much appreciated comments, particularly Roman's invitation to lighten the FG. I realized the need to emphasize this
area, and to keep the viewer in the frame, so I both lightened the formation in the front, increased structure and contrast, and darkened the area around
it, including adding a frame. I like it much better, and hope you do, as well! Work done in NIk's Silver Efex Pro 2 and Nik Sharpener, via smart object in CS6.
THANK YOU!

Roman Kurywczak
06-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Works Better for me Ron! I think it balances the image out. Nicely done with the suggestions and glad you like them too!

Jerry van Dijk
06-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi Roy, did you repost another frame? The clouds are different and I liked them better in the OP. The new version is a bit busier. I think you overdid a bit with the light FG in the repost, blowing some whites and losing detail in the structures of the pond. I'm not a big IR fan, but this is very nicely done. I like all the structure it adds. A very different view of a beautiful place.

Ron Bernstein
06-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Dear Jerry, Thank you for both your substantive criticism and for pointing out that I took the ideas gleaned here and spent so much time trying to incorporate
what I learned from the suggestions that I chose another frame by accident!!!!

I agree with you that the original image has a stronger cloud pattern, and I reworked the image to address your excellent observation on the blown highlights
and loss of detail in the foreground. I also lost the border, to let the image breathe more,
particularly in light of how much is going on in the frame. All changes made in Silver Efex PRO and Nik Sharpener.

Those interested in seeing other infrared shots of Vizcaya are invited to check here (http://www.ronbernsteinphotography.com/Landscapes/Wallingford-Ct/i-zSMs8Nc/0/L/VizcayaseleniumDIR0321-Edit-L.jpg).

Thanks!
Ron Bernstein
www.ronbernsteinphotography.com (http://www.ronbernsteinphotography.com)

Jerry van Dijk
06-22-2012, 03:40 AM
Hi Roy, this is a very good 'in -between' the OP and RP. I would consider trying to get back some details in the low hedges between the pond and the building too. I didn't mind the border.