PDA

View Full Version : Patch Tool Help?

Randy Hargett
04-17-2008, 10:21 AM
I was at the CNPA convention this past weekend and Arthur Morris was demonstrating the use of the patch tool to us. I have since tried using it in my workflow using PS CS3, but I am not getting the results I am expecting. Once I make my selection with the patch tool, and drag that selection to the area that I want to use, I release my mouse button. The "patch" is not copying with the same look as the one I selected. The results seem to be very muted, almost as if it is looking semi-transparent. I have consulted all of my PS books, but see no mention of what may be causing this. I hope I have explained myself halfway clearly. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Randy Hargett

Charles Glatzer
04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
You have 3 options, make sure you have the correct box selected Source, Destination and/or uncheck Transparent for the desired effect

Chas

Robert O'Toole
04-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Agree with Chas that is probably a setting, I use my patch tool with new selection selected, source checked, desination and transparency unchecked.

Just a note that my patch tool changes from source to destination sometimes when I open PS. I think my copy of PS has a virtual gremlin.

Robert

Randy Hargett
04-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks for your help Charles and Robert. I used the patch tool on several images last night and I seemed to have no problems this time.