PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Theme: Surreal Dragonfly

Joel Eade
06-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Base image was a dragonfly in flight taken with Canon 180mm + 1.4TC hand held. Processing included CS5, Nik Color Efex Pro, Topaz Star Effects, Flaming Pear Flood

John Storjohann
06-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Wicked image...but, at least to my eye, the star effect almost overwhelms...perhaps if it was on a separate layer, at lower opacity....not sure...and I wish there was just a BIT of separation between the dragonfly's "chin" and the "water". It is WONDERFUL conceptually...and my thoughts are just my take on YOUR vision...so take them with a grain of salt. LOTS of potential here!

Andrew McLachlan
06-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Hi Joel, very creative work...I really like the addition of the star burst

Indranil Sircar
06-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Joel, this is very creative and surreal! The details and color on the dragonfly is super... so is your use of flood. I like the staburst and its tiny reflection. Excellent processing.

Cheryl Slechta
06-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Joel, very OOTB and creative! Although I like the stars it is the Flood filter that makes this image for me. Nice work.:S3:

denise ippolito
06-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Very surreal looking and very OOTB! Great work with the filters. The trail in the reflection is great. I think the starburst adds to the surreal look but I must admit my first thought was the same as John's however after looking at the entire image again the starburst reflected does add a lot! Nice job!

Anita Bower
06-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Excellent. Love the light at the tail end, which looks a bit like a helicopter rear rotor. Beautiful blue. Congratulations.