PDA

View Full Version : Ringed Plover

Simon Wantling
06-15-2012, 07:34 AM
I took this image of these wonderful small birds whilst on a trip to Scotland. It took me a while to get in close enough, but I think the result was worth it. I rattled off over 100 images in the end. It was a very dull day, so hence the higher ISO. Any comments always welcomed.

7D, 100-400mm, ISO 800, 1/800 sec, f7.1 - processed in Lightroom 4

christopher galeski
06-15-2012, 08:03 AM
nice one ,like the posemay be take a bit off the right of the frame, and add a bit on the left,if possible,good detail,would clone the piece of wire at back of its legs and ring if mine.thanks.

Dave Leroy
06-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Lovely pose, shooting angle and exposure. I too would remove the wire or ring behind bird's legs. I might also look at a bit tighter crop with a touch off bottom and right. It looks like a tough spot to get low.

Satish Ranadive
06-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Fabulous image of cute bird in habitat. Looks like this migratory bird, since it ringed ( Banded).Loved the pose,colors,lights and details.

Frank Schauf
06-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Beautiful portrait, great details, a great shot.

Daniel Cadieux
06-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Nice setting, one that you have to be careful not going too low in...yuo had a good compromise here. Perfect head angle, and good techs...perhaps just a bit of NR to the BG (especially the top half). Bummer about the piece of litter (or twig or leaf stem?) behind the legs.

Simon Wantling
06-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks for all the replies as ever. Its nice to know I'm slowly improving thanks to all your advice. Yes, I hadn't initially spotted it but it is a shame about the litter. I'm not sure I'll attempt to remove it as I think I may ruin the image. I'll have a look at applying some, noise reduction to the background.

Thanks again.