PDA

View Full Version : Life's Tough

PhilCook
06-14-2012, 07:57 PM
It seems the life of our local New Zealand Fur Seals involves hunting, eating and sleeping with the occasional yawn in between.
The most common Pinniped species in South Australia, worryingly they are breeding up at a faster rate than the other species here like the endangered Australian Sealion causing, an unnatural imbalance occurring believed to be mostly as a result of human activities.

This taken off a colony on a nearby island here on a bleak cold Winters day

Canon 7D + 500 f4 + 1.4 x TC....700mm, f6.3, 1/320, ISO 500...hand held using a rock for support, cropped, noise reduction and cloned out a few barnacles on the rock in the background

Steve Canuel
06-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Nice detail, timing, and "pop" from the complimentary colored BG. Think this would also look good in a vertical format.

PhilCook
06-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Seems my quote function is not working ?

Cheers and taa for looking, and yes, it already comes in vertical format as well, but horizontal is easier to view on a monitor I think

Steve Kaluski
06-15-2012, 02:18 AM
Nice detail, timing, and "pop" from the complimentary colored BG. Think this would also look good in a vertical format.

I would echo that, why not RP the vertical format version too Phil?

TFS
Steve

PhilCook
06-15-2012, 04:34 AM
No quote function working....

I'll post the vertical sometime, but have to wait 24 hours as is the rules...taa Steve

Steve Kaluski
06-15-2012, 05:54 AM
I'll post the vertical sometime, but have to wait 24 hours as is the rules...taa Steve

Phil you should be able to RP within the original thread, the 24hr rule only applies to a new thread.

Andreas Liedmann
06-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi Phil,
excellent IQ,nice soft BG,colors look good,like it as is.Congrats.
The only thing is ,i would like it even more with the eye open.

Cheers Andreas

PhilCook
06-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks folks, but I dont seem to be able to post a second image ?...or use my quote function ?