PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Plains (Repost)

Rudi van den Heever
06-14-2012, 11:30 AM
My previous version of his image took some hits as far as crits are concerned, although I actually thought, and still do :bg3:, that it worked well... This thread is here http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/99588-Cheetah-Plains

However... :e3... Here is another comp in an attempt to put more emphasis on the cheetahs themelves... I had to clone some more grass in at the top of the image... :2eyes2:

Stan Cunningham
06-14-2012, 11:43 AM
I liked the original although I had some comments, but I like this one more. I agree with your last post that the animals in the tall grass is the reality of the habitat and you did a great job of portraying it here.

Steve Kaluski
06-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi Rudi, this was were I was going with my thoughts on the OP, but it all depends upon your ethics, however if you say what you have done in the intro then I cannot see an issue, as you are then not misleading anyone :w3 I just still not sure about the 'balnce' overall, but that's just me :bg3:

Yves Guillot
06-14-2012, 07:49 PM
An even better look than the first one! Well done! More impact on the subject.

Vivaldo Damilano
06-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Work a lot better for me, slightly bigger subject works for me. I love the tall grass showing there habitat.

Dumay de Boulle
06-16-2012, 05:32 AM
I like them both. The op had a certain appeal for my taste!

Morkel Erasmus
06-16-2012, 05:21 PM
I like this a lot Rudi...and believe it or not, I actually also prefer the previous version...:bg3:
Images like this will always be heavily influenced by personal taste, both for the viewer and creator...
You handled the light very well, and the flowing grass is awesome. The grass sure has grown since February! :S3:

Rudi van den Heever
06-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone!