PDA

View Full Version : ) Angry Young Man: Large Grey Babbler.

Satish Ranadive
06-13-2012, 10:33 AM
May, 2012.Cropped and sharpened. I like the grass, hence kept as it is.

Canon EOS: 550D, 100-400.
Av mode, F: 6.3, 1/500, ISO: 320, Spot metering, White balance: Auto. HH.
Exposure bias: +1/3 stop.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are much appreciated.
Best Regards.

Arthur Morris
06-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Nice angry bird and I like the grass too. A bit more d-o-f for the rock and the grass would have improved this as would lightening the shaded side of the face.

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Nice composition, BG and shooting angle. Head-on works well with those yellow eyes. Light angle a bit too steep. I'd have preferred withou the grass..but nothing u can do about that if this was your best spot. A bit more DOF to get the tail would have been nice. As a thumb rule, try to stop down more when the bird's back is towards you. you had room on the ISO front here.

gail bisson
06-13-2012, 02:52 PM
An apt title! I like the full frontal angry gaze. Agree with KD on all points.
I like all the earth tones in the image and the pop of yellow from the eyes.
Gail

Sidharth Kodikal
06-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Perfectly composed, nice sharp details, lovely earth tones. Love the angry look.
Shadow on the face and the blade of grass a bit unfortunate, but you did your part nicely!

PhilCook
06-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Love the attitude !....shame about the grass. Looking at this it would seem the rock is a favorite perching/lookout point judging by the amount of poo on top. Is or was it worthwhile to remove the grass physically and lie in wait for the bird to return to it's familiar perch...just a thought

Dave Leroy
06-13-2012, 05:26 PM
The bird does look a little ticked off about something. Nice pose and very good comment about the shadows caused by high light angle. More dof to get tail and grass in focus would have made a nice difference.

Arthur Morris
06-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Love the attitude !....shame about the grass. Looking at this it would seem the rock is a favorite perching/lookout point judging by the amount of poo on top. Is or was it worthwhile to remove the grass physically and lie in wait for the bird to return to it's familiar perch...just a thought

A good idea and if it is spot that you visit often a bit of work with a scrub brush would be in order.

Satish Ranadive
06-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks a lot for your valuable comments and which I will always remember in future.I have Lighten the dark side of face,hope you like this.I agree that grass should have been in focus.
Regards.
Satish.

Frank Schauf
06-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Beautiful portrait, great pose and colours.