PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Member Profiles

Sven Bernert
01-05-2008, 09:11 AM
When clicking on someones "View Public Profile" function I always get the dreaded "you do not have permission to access this page" message. :confused: I tried everything I know of, I even deleted my browser cookies - no success.

At first I thought that viewing someones profile (I can't even view my own) is a paid membership feature but after reading various posts related to BPN membership during the last days I think it is not related to the fact, that I'm not a paid member.

So, what am I doing wrong? Should I reinstall Vista? :D

Thanks for help.
Sven

P.S.: Btw., Firefox 2.0.0.11, Vista Ultimate. Same with IE7.

Joe Colson
01-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Sven,

Same problem using a Mac. So it's not a Vista issue.

Blake Shadle
01-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Sven,

Same problem using a Mac. So it's not a Vista issue.

It's an issue with the permissions. I'll be looking into this problem today.

Sven Bernert
01-05-2008, 11:28 AM
So, what am I doing wrong? Should I reinstall Vista? :D

So it's not a Vista issue.

Hehe, I was only joking ;)

Sven Bernert
01-05-2008, 11:29 AM
It's an issue with the permissions. I'll be looking into this problem today.

Thanks Blake ..

James Shadle
01-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Sven,
Right now the members page is set for members only.
We will look into your request ASAP.
James

Paul Davey
01-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I have the same problem too. Labelled as a Forum Contributor, I can't open up member profiles and the member list.

Paul

Paul Davey
01-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Clearly ethics are not on the agenda. Now I find myself not being able to reply to certain threads. I can't even post a comment on my own "Posting Lag", as I am throttled with a system message saying I do not have the full capabilities to even do such a thing. Now I don't even know if this thing I am about to post will come through.

I think the BPN contributers problems should be first on your seemingly lengthy list of priorities.

Fabs Forns
01-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Paul, we are moving to a new server, that may be the reason for the irregularities?

You should be able to reply to all posts :)

Paul Davey
01-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Nope, I can't reply to "Posting Lag" hands down. Perhaps the server movement may be a partial instigator, but the main problems brought up in the head if this thread remain unanswered.

Blake Shadle
01-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Ethics? I've taken care of this problem. When this forum was joined with the News and Information area, some of the permissions were changed. The permissions were set so that you could reply to someone else's thread, but not your own. That's been changed. You can also create new threads again.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Blake

Paul Davey
01-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes, ethics. The questions and complaints brought up in this thread and others five or more days ago. I and many others are still listed as a Forum Contributor and do not have the BPN number we should have received a long time ago. Supposedly membership is free until April. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your time...

George DeCamp
01-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Am I missing something?...

Well yes I think so. You are missing that this site is 11 days old and there have been an avalanche of new users signing on. You are missing that Blake and James and lots of others are working non stop to fix many issues resulting from an overwhelming response. You are missing that they had to move to a new server because of the above and this takes time and this all involves priorities, certainly not ethics.

Hope you will give them some time and realize they have many things on the to do list.

Thanks! ;)