Av( Aperture Value ) 16.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -1/3
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF180mm f/3.5L Macro USM
Flash Off
White Balance Mode Daylight
AF Mode AI Servo AF

Yes you guessed, taken by the garden pond. Although I cleaned quite a few dust spots I still get the impression there are some ghostly spots there. I am going to have look at the Canon Dust Delete function in DPP.
All C & C welcome.

PhilCook
06-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Sharp as a tack and nice diagonals in this shot and a very smooth backdrop.

Allen Sparks
06-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Hi Jonathan, wonderful details and sharpness throughout the subject. I also like the diagonals as Phil said. This is a very beautiful species. I do see some lingering dust spots as you stated. nice image!

Allen

John Storjohann
06-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Strong image...wonderful color, great use of the diagonal line, strong detail and contrast; if it were mine I'd be tempted to darken the soft highlights in the background, but that's a matter of taste...nicely done!

Steve Maxson
06-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi Jonathan. Ditto the comments above! This is yet another strong image! Yup, there are still dust spots in the background - these seem to be much more noticeable when shooting macro subjects. The way I handle these is to zoom in to 100% and then methodically scroll around the image - the fuzzy spots usually show up quite well this way and can be removed with the patch tool. :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
06-14-2012, 11:23 AM
The dust spots are a pain in the proverbial! I have been cloning and spot healing. I have also added "dust delete" data to the camera so they should get better but the only real answer is to get the sensor cleaned.

kostas nianiopoulos
06-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Handsome guy u got there , sweet red color , nice soft bg and sharp !!

Ken Childs
06-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Hi Jon, this is a beautiful species and you did a great job of capturing that beauty! Nice diagonal comp and it's sharp, sharp, sharp! The bright areas in the BG aren't bothering me but the bright area on the leaf below the damsel is a bit. You might want to try toning down that area.