PDA

View Full Version : Another Bonelli's Eagle (Aquila fasciata) with prey

Humberto Ramos
06-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Another Bonelli's Eagle from the same project, this time the attention is to the prey.

1D IV + canon 600mm f/4 + hide
1/1250 at f/8, -2/3 EC, ISO 400

Critics welcome.

gail bisson
06-12-2012, 07:02 PM
This is goood! The IQ is superb.
The clear look at the prey stirs up many emotions.The stretched up neck of the prey is really interesting.
It would be wonderful to see the eagle's eye a bit better but I really like how the curved neck and head and beak draw the eye to the action.
BG is killer and perch is awesome.
What an opportunity and you made the most of it.
Gail

dankearl
06-12-2012, 10:11 PM
I am not sure what to say? Good HA on the prey?
The IQ is over the top, I too, would like a bit of the Eagle eyes, but this is a
really powerful image, Nature in the raw.
Keep these coming, they are really good!

Bruce Enns
06-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Excellent IQ, and a very visceral image combine for a stunning photo Humberto! Very well done.

Bruce

Richard Unsworth
06-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Stunning iamge Huberto; prey - Red legged Partridge?
not much else to say. Sorry couldnt contact you when I was in Portalegre, beautiful area btw, will be back; no working internet where we st.ayed.
did see Bonellis but no pics :-(. Hope you post some more

arash_hazeghi
06-13-2012, 02:52 AM
wow this is excellent. The head of the prey with its closed eyes adds much drama. well done

Jonathan Ashton
06-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Thee images are really powerful, you did an excellent job here.......got any more??

Humberto Ramos
06-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Stunning iamge Huberto; prey - Red legged Partridge?
not much else to say. Sorry couldnt contact you when I was in Portalegre, beautiful area btw, will be back; no working internet where we st.ayed.
did see Bonellis but no pics :-(. Hope you post some more

Yes Richard, Red legged Partridge is one of the main prey of the bonnelís eagle, pigeons, and other middle size birds, sometimes rabits, and even ducks, egrets and herons.
Where have you seen the Bonelli's eagle? there are only 3 couples in the region...

Humberto Ramos
06-13-2012, 04:27 AM
I also have some identical shots with a bit of eagles eye, will try to post tonight or maybe tomorow, today Portugal will play against Denmark in the soccer Euro Cup Championchip...

Humberto Ramos
06-13-2012, 04:29 AM
Thee images are really powerful, you did an excellent job here.......got any more??

Yes have some more, 6000 shots, still deleting identical images and selecting the best ones...

christopher galeski
06-13-2012, 04:40 AM
great IQ,like the perch,magic BG,good action shot.well done.

Richard Unsworth
06-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Hi Humberto

between Besteiros Do Cima on the back road towards Portalegre

6000 shots , blimey!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Humberto Ramos
06-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Hi Humberto

between Besteiros Do Cima on the back road towards Portalegre

6000 shots , blimey!
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" type=hidden jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()"><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" type=hidden>

Aso know that couple, the one I'm shooting nests in spain.

Ofer Levy
06-13-2012, 08:21 AM
WOW image for sure! Very dramatic! Amazing field work and execution!!

Daniel Cadieux
06-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Excellent despite the lack of a visible eye on the predator...but since you say you have some with it I can't wait to see that!! What an opportunity, I bet your heart was racing pretty fast :-)

Humberto Ramos
06-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Excellent despite the lack of a visible eye on the predator...but since you say you have some with it I can't wait to see that!! What an opportunity, I bet your heart was racing pretty fast :-)

Yes Daniel, it’s a thrill...
This eagle is big, 180cm long, and in Portugal and Spain its very rare, so in each session and each time the male or the females come to the spot, and stays at 20m from me, its a big emotion, and it looks I’m running the 100m in Olympics ;)<o:p></o:p>