PDA

View Full Version : Grasshopper Sparrow.

Karl Egressy
06-12-2012, 07:00 AM
I took this picture on las Saturday.
The background is a gently slooping grass covered field, where these birds live.

Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS plus 1.4x TC III.
ISO 320
1/1000 sec
f 8.0

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc29/karlo1789/DW3C2823BV.jpg

(Although I paid my yearly fee for the duration of June 2012- June 2013 for some reason I connot use "manage attachment" for now)
I need help with that!!!

Bill Dix
06-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Good shot of this guy - a tough little devil to capture in the open. Good lookback pose, and nice detail. I've gone out several times this week to try for them (along with Dickcissels, Bobolinks), but although I hear them in the grasses I can never get a clean, close-up shot. Well done.

Karl Egressy
06-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Good shot of this guy - a tough little devil to capture in the open. Good lookback pose, and nice detail. I've gone out several times this week to try for them (along with Dickcissels, Bobolinks), but although I hear them in the grasses I can never get a clean, close-up shot. Well done.

Thanks Bill.
This place has many Bobolinks and Savannah Sparrows but they either won't come close or would sit on the rusty wire fence.

Frank Schauf
06-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Beautiful portrait, great pose and colours, Karl.:S3:

Karl Egressy
06-12-2012, 11:09 AM
"I took this picture on last Saturday.
The background is a gently sloping grass covered field, where these birds live."
I just corrected the spelling.:bg3:

Stu Bowie
06-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi Karl, good placement in the frame, and I like the look back pose. Sharp, with lovely mottled colours. With a BG like that, you cant see which way the ground is sloping. :w3

Satish Ranadive
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Excellent portrait ,nice pose and colors.Nice BG too.

gail bisson
06-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi Karl,
I wondered why your image did not have a thumbnail with it. I would email one of the mods to help you with this SNAFU!
Nice image. I would change the crop and take some off the left . It would lessen the impact of the branch.
Good DOF.
I would also burn the bright beak a bit,
gail

Bruce Enns
06-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Nice lookback pose, well exposed and sharp. I am seeing either three faint dust spots or clone marks (about halfway between the birds head and the left edge, about 2/3 of the way from the branch to the top) on an otherwise beautiful BG.

Bruce

Daniel Cadieux
06-13-2012, 07:53 AM
I love these guys!! I like the overall image, but two things would have made it better IMO. The perch more parallel to the sensor, and same for the HA.

P.S. I find that these guys can respond very well to judiscious use of audio.

P.P.S. Got your e-mail...