PDA

View Full Version : fledged peregrine

christopher galeski
06-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Took this shot over in Yorkshire yesterday,this bird was flying about,then it landed,and I managed to get some shots,the BG is a over 250ft drop,with trees in the bottom,cannon 500mm IS L USM 700MM FL,1/160S,F5.6,ISO800,TRIPOD,AND A LOT OF NERVE,SLIGHT CROP,SOME SHARPENING.comments good or bad.thanks.

arash_hazeghi
06-12-2012, 01:34 AM
lovely pose nice details and soft light is a plus

PhilCook
06-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Some shots are worth the risk, this is one example. Not sure about the oof seed heads on the left, but no biggie imo.....wonderful light and a very elusive species in my neck of the woods, stunning

Daniel Cadieux
06-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Aweosme photo, love the raised toes and the left-over duvet on the head. I also like the purple flowers sprinkles about the ground. I'm not fond of the OOF vegetation at left, but all else looks fantastic.

Frank Schauf
06-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Beautiful portrait, great details and eye contact.

gail bisson
06-12-2012, 01:50 PM
This image is excellent. The soft diffused light and green BG and beautiful. I like the splotches of purple but would definitely clone out the OOF white flowers on the left.
So a 9/10 from me with white flowers left in but a 10/10 if you get rid of them!!
Gail:S3:

Rosie Green
06-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Well done, you! This is a fantastic portrait! I like the purple flowers and I might (if I were lucky enough for this to be mine!) clone out the oof white grasses just to see what difference it made to the whole image. However, the detail , sharpness, pose and eye contact far outweigh any nits!
Take care!!
Rosie.

christopher galeski
06-13-2012, 03:20 AM
thankyou all for your nice comments,I left the white plant in the BG,I thought it went with the color of the bird,I dont think it conpeats with the bird,but I will clone them out and see what it looks like.thanks again.

Jonathan Ashton
06-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Super shot Chris, great pose and setting. I like to leave things as is for the most part but I have to agree the OOF pale flowers do pull my eyes away from the bird. It may be practicable to brush over them lightly to reduce the contrast and thus leave them there but much less eye catching.