PDA

View Full Version : Family of Geese

Bob Miller
06-11-2012, 07:44 PM
I was setup for BIF when this family of geese came into view. I liked the way the vertical lines of the reeds surrounded this family of geese. I added just a bit of canvas to the RHS
Nikon D3s
1/1250 sec at f6.7
ISO 2200
500 mm with 1.7TC

Arnon Cahen
06-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Very beautiful shot. I too like the vertical lines of the grass with the implied horizontal movement of the geese.
My only suggestion would be to cut a bit off the bottom (so that the birds are center) and cut a bit off the left. I think it would be even nicer.
Arnon

Ian Cassell
06-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Hi Bob. Wonderful peaceful image and I can imagine myself there. I would agree with Arnon about cutting out some of the bottom, but would put the birds closer to the bottom of the frame and not dead center and leave the space on the left-- making it a long pano. I think it needs a smidge of CCW rotation as well.

Kerry Perkins
06-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Very appealing shot Bob, I like it. I absolutely love the little splash of color that is added by the chicks, really adds nice contrast the blue/green of the water. As for the crop, I would actually crop a bit from the top, as I like the birds high in the frame. To me it adds a sense of space and conveys the sense of distance that you needed to get the whole group in the shot. Very well done!