PDA

View Full Version : Day Lily I

John Storjohann
06-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Day lilies are nearing peak at the Botanicals; shot at f/22@1/8 with 180mm macro. Processed RAW image in LR, added a curve for tone and color in PS. Toned down the broken stamen edge by blending it a bit with the clone tool at a low opacity; those stamens are always a challenge with day lilies, at least for me.

Bob Miller
06-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Hi John....You really have a nice contrast going here with the oof petals and the sharp stamens.....I like this alot....nicely handled!

Jay Sheinfield
06-12-2012, 09:47 AM
John, this is great! Love the lines, and the backward flow of the stamens......border almost glows. The radiating patterns of the deep orange colors just make this for me........well seen! Well executed.

kostas nianiopoulos
06-12-2012, 03:41 PM
great tones of of this pretty flower

Steve Maxson
06-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Hi John. Nice to see you back in Macro again! The dark stamens contrast nicely with the splash of bright yellows and oranges. I, too, like the backward bend of the stamens as well as the comp. This is very well done!

Ken Childs
06-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey John, this one is stunning... amazing colors! Those anthers look sharp and the rest of the flower has a wonderful glow to it. The comp couldn't be any better!