PDA

View Full Version : American Bison Bull

Andreas Liedmann
06-11-2012, 11:44 AM

Hi and hello to all you out there,
love digging through some old images,never presented them to the public.Photographed this bull during a trip in Yellowstone NP. As always i ask you to comment mostly on IQ and sharpness.This time i ask you,if i should lift up the blacks?
I like it as it is,but maybe on other non calibrated screens it is maybe too dark. So tell me your thoughts.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IIn
Ef 100 - 400 at 160 mm 85% of FF
Beanbag

F 6 / 1/180 sec / ISO 100

Processed in DPP and PS

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
06-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Hi Andreas, blacks look OK, but might be tempted to lift slightly in the middle (under belly) and rear, but not much. Would also give a bit more room all round as you have it, bit of a frame filler :bg3:

I think you could afford to also add some blacks in the neutrals & blacks in the head and ridge of the back, also it punches the depth of sky too.

TFS
Steve

Grady Weed
06-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Steve hit the highlights well. To me, on my Sager 19inch Laptop, the hump and head are spot on as for the blacks. Nice details, the eye is seperated well enough, the nostrils are well defined. I like it. Thanks for sharing.

Yves Guillot
06-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Nicely done,. Like it as is.

Ken Watkins
06-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Nicely done,. Like it as is.

Plus one from me!

Brendan Dozier
06-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Real nice, Andreas, like the light, colors, texture of wooly coat. Agree with maybe lightening some of the darkest areas if possible, but nicely composed image.

Rachel Hollander
06-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Andreas - nice comp and I like the textures that come through here. I agree with Steve and Brendan about the blacks.

TFS,
Rachel

John Ippolito
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Great stoic subject, coat texture, and framed well. A touch more on the blacks, but I realize that we all see something different on our own monitors. I use my wife's uncalibrated monitor to "soft proof" any website images I might put up. They often look very different from my calibrated LaCie. From there I often compromise.