Image Quality RAW
Flash On
Flash Type External E-TTL
E-TTL II flash metering Evaluative flash metering
Flash Exposure Compensation -2
Shutter curtain sync 1st-curtain sync
White Balance Mode Daylight
AF Mode One-Shot AF

Another rather cold day for this time of year, but this can be advantageous. I saw this coupled pair on a poppy leaf by the pond and I took a blade of grass and coaxed them onto it, I placed the grass on my mickey mouse tripod and the camera on the gitzo. I took shots at ISO 100-400 and apertures 8 -22, with and without flash. I must admit I haven't looked at all of them but I quite liked this one. I did consider brightening or brushing the left side a bit but I decided not to. Hopefully I have got rid of all the dust spots - must get the sensor cleaned.

All C & C welcome.

Allen Sparks
06-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Hi Jonathan,
Very nice sharpness throughout the subjects which can be a chore on this type of shot - well done. I also like the little filaments on the stem - they kind of match those on the damselflies. Nice image!

kostas nianiopoulos
06-12-2012, 03:39 PM
great job with those guys , i have shot a lot of those as well , but im not that lucky , as here the light is become very harhs of the first minute of the day well done !!!

Steve Maxson
06-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi Jonathan. Excellent overall sharpness, interesting behavior, nice light, and I like the slight diagonal of the stem. Very well done!

Ken Childs
06-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Hey Jon, based on some of the images you've been posting lately, the future population of Damsels around your pond seems quite secure. :w3

You've been doing a great job of getting everything on focus in these paired Damsel shots....that's not always easy to do. Both bugs look great as does the perch. If this were mine, I would brush over the left side.....it doesn't need to go as bright as the right but as it is now, it's grabbing too much of my attention.

Jonathan Ashton
06-19-2012, 04:02 AM
Thanks everyone for your C&C, ken I did consider brushing the left side, I was a little undecided, I liked the gradation of light frome left to right, I decided to gauge the response from BPN, i think I tend to agree in lightening it up a little.