PDA

View Full Version : Another Dipper

Davidwilliams
06-10-2012, 05:09 PM
This was from the same day as the previous post on dippers, wet grey and at the bottom of a gorge

Be interested o thoughts about composition, I like the bit of flotsam bottom left, but suspect it wouldnt be everybodies cup of tea

MK IV
600mm
iso 1250
1/640
f5

cropped and sharpened with some noise reduction

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/dratsea/60dfb770.jpg

dankearl
06-10-2012, 05:19 PM
A nice exposure and nice BG.
It still looks a bit noisy, another round of NR would look nice.

PhilCook
06-10-2012, 06:10 PM
My own tastes suggest crop a bit harder all round and remove the flotsam as well, but do what you do to please yourself, not necessarily others. Nice pose on the rock and nice clear eye contact, agree more noise reduction would be nicer

Satish Ranadive
06-11-2012, 01:46 AM
Excellent image. Nice composition. Agree with Dankearl and Phil Cook about noise. Loved the pose of Dipper and details on bird.

Jonathan Ashton
06-11-2012, 04:17 AM
I like the shot and you have good exposure and detail in the dipper. The more I look the more the foreground rock seems to dominate the image for me. I appreciate the dilemma, I too like to present the image as near as possible to how it was taken. I know we can't pick and choose but if possible I would suggest keep an eye out for the immediate background, the OOF rock behind the dipper tends to draw attention and the junction between it and the green background doesn't really help.

Simon Wantling
06-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Lovely photo David. I've been up in Scotland photographing these last week. I haven't processed them yet but I hope they turn out as good as yours. Not sure about you, but they always seem to be located in poor light, so not easy keeping the ISO down.

Davidwilliams
06-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks for all the advice, next time I am going to take my chest waders and sit in the river to get the pOV I want
Simeon, yup always in shaded rivers at the bottom of gorges and its usually raining !!

Daniel Cadieux
06-11-2012, 11:12 AM
I like this one better than your previous. I would definitely crop from below to right above the branch and yes, some NR to the beautiful green background would be great. I like the perch...would you have been able to get down lower to hide the OOF rock behind the main one?