PDA

View Full Version : Smoky Mountains Overlook

Judy Howle
06-10-2012, 02:48 PM
This overlook is near Cataloochee Valley in the east side of Great Smoky Mountains Nat'l Park. The view took my breath away!
Canon EOS 7D, f/4.5 @ 17 mm, 1/500, ISO 200. Canon 17 - 55 f2.8 IS. I guess I didn't pay attention to the aperture or it would have been smaller. I used Topaz Adjust to even the exposure and bring out details. I used some Nik Color Efex filters too, the sunshine filter for sure as it was early and the foreground was shady and dark with a blue cast.

Simon Wantling
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
I really like this Judy. You get a great sense of height and I like the way the trees frame the distant mountains

Colin Driscoll
06-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Lovely scene, nice rustic old fence and the framed hills in lifting fog.

Judy Howle
06-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks Simon and Colin!

Roman Kurywczak
06-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Hey Judy,
nice processing but I am debating the tree on the RHS......I think I would prefer it without the trunk as it draws me that way too much......and and like the way the fence leads me to the view. Still very well done overall!

Robert Amoruso
06-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi Judy,

This is nice with good leading lines of the trail and fence. I noticed the tree too. I tried a crop in browser and not convinced that is an improvement. I don't find it distracts me - I do find it to be a good terminus for the right side of the image - like I know what is there be its presence. On the left, your eye stops at the view. Meaning I like how you framed it.

Andrew Aveley
06-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Great scene and well captured. Processing done just right but maybe a little less on the detail extractor for me. Super post