PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Prize for My film "A Call in the Rainforest"

Sabyasachi Patra
06-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Dear All,
Coming back here after a long time. It is a pleasure to inform you all that my film "A Call in the Rainforest" has been awarded the 2nd Prize in the Film Festival organised by Maharashtra Government. I received the prize from the Chief Minister of Maharashtra (it is a state in India).

The photos and other details can be found here: http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/maharashtra-government-awards-2nd-prize-to-a-call-in-the-rainforest/

This was my first film, entirely shot with a Canon EOS 1D Mark IV.

I have been very busy due to change of job and the last six months has been very very hectic. I hope to complete my second film project soon. Will let you know.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sid Garige
06-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Sabyasachi,

Well deserved honor.

Good luck with your next project.

Hazel Grant
06-10-2012, 02:06 PM
conratulations

Roger Clark
06-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Sabyasachi,

Congratulations! That is very impressive for your first film.

Roger

Ken Watkins
06-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Sabyasachi,

Hearty congratulations, I am very glad your hard work has been recognised, I am now off to order the DVD

Cheers

Ken

Rachel Hollander
06-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Congrats Sabyasachi!

Harshad Barve
06-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Congrats Sabyasachi!

Steve Kaluski
06-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Good to see all your hard work & patience has paid off with an excellent result, lets hope film two will make No.1.

Congratulations Sabyasachi.

Steve :cheers:

Hilary Hann
06-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Well done Sabyasachi, what an excellent achievement. Good luck with the second film.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Dear All,
Thanks a lot. As Roger rightly says this was my first effort and it was really tough to put it all together as I had no idea about video editing and music. Lot of struggle and lot of learning and ofcourse the confidence goes up. It means a lot when people come up to me and say that they have learnt something and will implement those for better conservation in their local areas.

Last year because of my job change, my second film remained unedited. Its funny that because of my official job, when the TV crew come to interview me, I discuss more about their equipment. :)

I just got the 17 inch Macbook Pro, so that I can edit even when I am travelling. Fortunately, received it a day before the 17" inch MacbookPro was shelved. So slowly I am coming to grips. Will share with you all when I finish the 2nd film. Tons of plans. Thanks for your support.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi