PDA

View Full Version : Green Heron on hunt

Mike Delgado
06-10-2012, 08:57 AM

Despite all the rain in Florida I had to get out and shot. Under cloudy & rainy skies I managed to get this guy. I don't know about the cropping, sugestions are encouraged

Stu Bowie
06-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Mike, I feel you have done well, considering your shooting conditions. Great fishing pose from the heron, colours look spot on, and overall sharp too. Comp wise, moving the heron higher in the frame will work better ( taking some off the top ) he will then not be too centered as he is now. The perch looks a touch bright, so I would tone that down, and as you have described the shooting conditions, there is not much you can do about the specular highlights, unless its ok with you to blend them away into the surrounding BG.

Please post your camers settings for all to see. :w3

arash_hazeghi
06-10-2012, 02:56 PM
sweet pose, I like the alertness. perch and feet a bit hot

PhilCook
06-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Love the hunting posture, very streamline looking bird...agree about cropping more off the top to give more space in the direction the bird is looking,

Daniel Cadieux
06-10-2012, 07:12 PM
I too love the hunting pose here, typical of a Green Heron. I agree with a crop from above. I can't place my finger on it, but to me it has a sort of flashed look to it...especially where the feet meet the perch?