View Full Version : calla lily

stuart wanuck
06-08-2012, 05:15 PM
nikon d 3s iso 400
m 1/6 @ 16
2oo mm macro

Bob Miller
06-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi Stuart..one of my favorite flowers. You might consider taking some off the RHS. If it were mine I would also try not to have the two flowers merge. I like the diagonal composition and the subtle colors

Allen Sparks
06-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi Stuart, very nice tones and a good looking specimen. May add some room on top. Very nice image overall.

PhilCook
06-10-2012, 04:58 AM
Lovely against the black backdrop, personally I like the way boith flowers merge as they are, light is lovekly, diagonal composition very nice, but I think a tad more room at the top to balance the image would be better

Jonathan Ashton
06-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Lovely exposure and colours, composition - I must admit I am struggling a bit but I think I would like to see just a little more of the left side of the flower and maybe a tad lower in the frame. I am not usually a fan of dark backgrounds but I think it is a good idea in this case.

Steve Maxson
06-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi Stuart. Interesting comments above for you to consider. Excellent sharpness and DOF, and I like the diagonal comp. The lighting is also well handled with good detail in the whites. I would like to see a little more room and the left and perhaps a little less on the right. :S3: Overall, this is very nicely done!

Ken Childs
06-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi Stuart, I like the merged flowers and the diagonal comp....whites look to be handled well. I'm having a little trouble with the bit of green stem showing near the LL.....I think I would like this better if it weren't there. My take on the crop is to remove some from the right and add some to the top.